Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we are counting down the days now until we pick the Mokka up on the 1st March, 1.6 Exclusive Summit White !!! Cant wait...

We could of had the car sooner but thought we would wait to get the 13 plate..

We have never bought a new car before and we are after some advice on what to do if there's any imperfections to the Mokka, ie paint damage or any other sort of problems with anything that doesn't look quite right.

Also what should the delivery mileage be on a new car ? I am thinking no more that 8 miles, if it is then it's possibly been a demo car... So will get some sort of reduction in price if that's the case.

The car is brand new stock the dealer had.

Any advice would be welcome, to go with some ammunition if anything is wrong would be very good for me..

I am just hoping all will be fine and we can enjoy our 50 mile return trip with our new Mokka..

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just give the car a thorough check, both inside and outside. Do it methodically. I tend never to collect a new car when it is raining unless the dealer can arrange for it to be collected from a covered area, well lit though to enable the inside to be viewed as well.If minor issue are discovered, such as a dirty paw mark, then let the dealer attempt to rectify problem before handing over your cash, or signing on dotted line if finance involved.
If something more significant, such as scratches to interior or exterior of the car thenI would be looking to reject, or seek some compensation to proceed with the purchase.
Delivery mileage should certainly be less than 10. If more, seek an answer as to why, there should be no reason for a higher mileage.
I am sure the car will be fine but just be prepared for any issues and don't be fobbed off with excuses to sort/repair at a later date. Cos once they have your cash and you drive it off the garage forecourt they tend to not give a toss!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your wise advice Wellfan. We will use your suggestions if needed, I am sure all will be ok though they are a large dealership. But I am just a bit of a novice when it comes to buying a new car.

The problem we'll have if we reject it is that the car is already registered to us now and we have paid the £500 deposit. But I guess there's a way around that somehow, goods unfit for sale, demand money back etc....

But we will just have to wait it out until the day..

We took the free 5 day Vauxhall insurance offer, just less hassle all around, and we can swap over our insurance at our leisure.. I am sure will will now be bombarded with insurance offers from them every renewal time though !

Just going to sort my GAP insurance out now and all is ready for the day !

Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
amokka. I am sure your car will be perfectly fine. I do seem to be coming across as a bearer of doom, however, just have hadmore than my fair shareof grief over the past 30 odd years of car buying.
I have noticed in a number of posts that folk are making £500 deposits on their cars. I have neverpaid more than £100, and in the case of the Mokka I paid no deposit. This tends to keep the dealer on his toes, in my experience.

I can remember when deposits were never requested.

Edit. Boy do I sound old. Honestly I am only 55!

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
584 Posts
My dealer had ordered in to the garage a Mokka Exclusiv 1.7CDti automatic and had no customer, we bought it and negotiated a good deal on both the new car and trade in. He included mats and sigificantly reduced the VX protect paint finish. So overall a good deal. We are collecting the car on1st March and have only good comments to make bout the service we have received. it's fair to say that we have used this garage for many years and having built up a good relationhsip it works wonders in the salesroom and service department.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pick my car up on 01 Mar 13 too - quite excited :) 1.7 CDTI SEOnly thing is, I tried to register for the free Drive Away insurance using the web site and the Mokka is not listed which is odd. Tried to call their call centre and ended up listening to music and some crazy woman telling me to go to the web site to avoid the queue. Hopefully, I'll get a call or email back from them. Anyway, I look forward to checking the car over and hitting the road on Friday - wonder if I'll be the first '13' plate Mokka out there :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
If the drive away insurance is 7 day hpi it's not available on the mokka, you need the 5 day from vauxhall insurance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I seem to be only one that was expecting on 1st of march that isn't getting :( for some reason mine is still stuck in chuffin bristol apparently

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just to update, the transport company that moves all the vauxhall cars (and other manufacturers) from Bristol to the dealers have gone into administration. Vauxhall currently have 3000 cars stuck in Bristol. Vauxhall now have Eddie Stobart moving the cars and some dealers are also sending their own transporters to help clear the backlog.

Our dealer (Motorbodies in Luton) have been quite upfront With this info as we are due to pick ours up on 2/3 but they have warned may be delayed. They have mechanics working round the clock to try and get as many cars out as possible as well as sending their own transporters. Hope your dealer is doing the same. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait if indeed we have too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts