Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully we are going to order a Tech Line Diesel Mokka tomorrow, we are mulling over two colours, Velvet Red or Satin Steel Grey. I think the red probably has the edge, I think the grey plastic trim contrasts a bit better than grey on grey.
We have been given a delivery of 16 weeks maximum, with a bit of luck it might be quicker. We could not believe how a higher trim level is so much cheaper than the one below, we have the cash plus trade in so it seems like a good deal.
I was going to wait for the Chevy Trax to come out which is more or less the same car, none of the Chevy dealers could give me a launch date so we have decided to go for the Mokka. We have had a lot of new cars over the years but never a brand new Vauxhall, was really impressed with the quality of the Mokka and loved it on the test drive, can't wait to get it now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Tony,

welcome to the forums, I went for an SE in velvet red - was trying to blag a brown 'saddle-up' interior, but Vauxhall rumbled me and wouldn't order it :(

I preferred the Vauxhall over the chevy, as the trax seemed to have a lower spec of car compared to the mokka!

·
Registered
584 Posts
when we arrived at the delaer they only had one Mokka sovereign silver so it was take it or wait, guess what we did? when we collected the car we were very happy with the colour so it all worked out ok

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
*Clarkson-esque voice* Red!

Trax has a touch screen but no digital radio.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Might be prejudiced but red for me, well Mr F , Ruby is the first car I ave ever given a name to shows its pretty special !!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update folks, things have changed quite a bit since my original post, first of all we decided that Boracay Blue looked pretty good in the brochure.
We rang round a few dealers and Perrys in Huddersfield said they had a couple in stock, so off we went to have a look, even my other half who had her reservations about blue was really impressed with the colour.
The cars they had were SE spec but they both had sat nav fitted, the only downside was they were 1.6i petrols, we were really looking for a diesel but thought we would have a test drive anyway. I was very impressed with how smooth the engine was, not the most powerfull engine in the world but as my boy racer days are long gone it seemed okay. To cut to the chase we were offered a really good deal and all being well we will pick the car up next week,this is fantastic as I thought we were going to have to wait months.
I just wondered what other people's experience of the 1.6 engine is,I know the mpg is not the best but to be honest the mileage we do does not really justify a diesel.
Can't stop smiling!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tony H said:
Just an update folks, things have changed quite a bit since my original post, first of all we decided that Boracay Blue looked pretty good in the brochure.
We rang round a few dealers and Perrys in Huddersfield said they had a couple in stock, so off we went to have a look, even my other half who had her reservations about blue was really impressed with the colour.
The cars they had were SE spec but they both had sat nav fitted, the only downside was they were 1.6i petrols, we were really looking for a diesel but thought we would have a test drive anyway. I was very impressed with how smooth the engine was, not the most powerfull engine in the world but as my boy racer days are long gone it seemed okay. To cut to the chase we were offered a really good deal and all being well we will pick the car up next week,this is fantastic as I thought we were going to have to wait months.
I just wondered what other people's experience of the 1.6 engine is,I know the mpg is not the best but to be honest the mileage we do does not really justify a diesel.
Can't stop smiling!
Congratulations. Hope you soon have many hours of fun.
Post some pics and a review as soon as you get the chance, as we that are left in the waiting room need something to lift our spirits.
Pass the biscuits please before you leave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts