Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a number of posts on various threads for suggestions on how to conduct a pre check on the vehicle when you finally get to do the handover and drive away your brand new Mokka. The info is kind of scattered about. Is anyone up for putting together a simple to follow, well laid out, set of checks for a new owner to follow please? That way we could sticky / update it and it would be available for even the most novice of car car buyers to use to stop their big day being ruined on the way home or afterwards.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good idea DCB.

I've been putting this list together from various comments I've seen.

Manual/Service Book
Warranty Card
Pass Card: With Chassis No, Key Code, Radio/CD code etc
Spare Tyre
AFL check/conversation with dealer
Front lower bumper damage
SE Badge on wing

·
Registered
185 Posts
Update 11/5 (for 1.7 SE)

1.PDI certificate/stamp in service book

2.AFL Lighting issues ""“ 24/4/13 - The Service Bulletin is 13-P-019 Mokka ""“ AFL Headlamp Aiming make sure they have been checked so they are not out of alignment & the software has been updated

3.module for the power steering/steering bolt ""“ ok/problems? Check urgent recall for a steering bolt problem has been seen to (Forum note of 26/3) recall code is 13-c-18

4.Check Both keys work on the vehicle

5.Rear parking sensors ok?

6.If full beam doesn't automatically go off (high beam assist) ""“ check there is no sticker left on the back of the rear view mirror sensor & no sticker on the windscreen in front of the sensor

7.Check for scratches and gouges on all the exterior. Particularly the full length of the front bumper lower lip. ""The silver coloured trim in the lower part of the bumper also has a large gouge out of the paintwork just above where it is attached to the lip, only really noticeable when looking for it.""�

If minor issue are discovered, such as a dirty paw mark, then let the dealer attempt to rectify problem before handing over your cash, or signing on dotted line if finance involved. If something more significant, such as scratches to interior or exterior of the car then I would be looking to reject, or seek some compensation to proceed with the purchase.

8.Re engine temperature - Vauxhall update to fit an extra cooling hose clip (on forum 8/2/13) Also note from Blum ""“ ""my needle starts to move at 2.1 miles, off drive and on to a 40mph road""�

9.Marks on eg bumper

10.Oil smear on headlining?

11.Check SD card for sat nav is up to date

12.SE badges present on both wings

13.Number plates fitted level & decent quality & colour matched screw heads

14.Car clean inside & out

15.Are windscreen washer jets correctly aligned (ask for them to be altered if not as it needs a special tool)

16.Delivery mileage ""“ less than 10

17.Fuel in the tank

18.Check service book is present

19.Check mats are present ""“ if not ask for temporary ones

20.Space saver wheel/tyre ""“ check it is present & jack, boot locking bolt, brace etc

21.Check security info pass card is present

22.Lifetime warranty card - the Warranty card can only be issued by Vauxhall if your dealer completes all necessary paperwork ""“ is sent direct from Vauxhall""¦

23.Paperwork for paint protection ""“ certificate & card & the care pack
Edited by: Chokkamokka

·
Registered
246 Posts
Chokkamokka said:
Good idea - I've been collecting bits n pieces - here's my list

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">On collection<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1. AFL Lighting issues ""“make sure they have been checked so they are not out of alignment.
2. module for the power steering ""“ ok/problems?

3. Rear parking sensors ok?
4. Full beam doesn't automatically go off (high beam assist) ""“ check there is no sticker left on the back of the rear view mirror sensor & no sticker on the windscreen in front of the sensor

5. Check for scratches and gouges the full length of the front bumper lower lip.
6. Marks on eg bumper
<blockquote style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr">
7. Oil smear on headlining

8. Check SD card for sat nav is up to date

9. SE badges present on both wings

10. Number plates fitted level & decent quality

11. Car clean inside & out

12. Are windscreen washer jets correctly aligned (ask for them to be altered if not as it needs a special tool)

13. Delivery mileage

14. Fuel in the tank

15. Check service book is present

16. Check mats are present

17. Space saver wheel/tyre ""“ check it is present & jack, boot locking bolt, brace etc

18. Check security info pass card is present

19. Lifetime warranty card - the Warranty card can only be issued by Vauxhall if your dealer completes all necessary paperwork

20. Paperwork for paint protection
</blockquote>
Very well put together.
Just remember number 11 is really important.
Car clean inside & out
Not only clean but free from damage to body, paint, interior trim, seats,etc,etc.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both keys work on the vehicle

If you have the vx protect that they give you the care pack.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice list!

·
Registered
199 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Both keys work on the vehicle

If you have the vx protect that they give you the care pack.
At least others will not have to suffer where I have. Thank god for the forum or I wouldn't have known I should have had a care pack. The manager will see my anger tomorrow in my second post delivery visit...is anyone missing a corsa key before I hand it back in

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spot on! Good idea. It's easy when picking up your new car to let your heart rule your head, so to speak, so to have a check list to bring you back down to earth is a good idea, well done chaps

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anything else that should be added to these lists? Maybe the thread should be stickied?

·
Registered
422 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Anything else that should be added to these lists? Maybe the thread should be stickied?
One or two have mentioned aerials,
. Some have not had one, some have had a wrong one & some have found it stowed away in the boot . . . . .

·
Registered
584 Posts
One brief amendment to excellent lists, the jet washer nozzle cannot be adjusted

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought Blum had successfully made a jet washer adjustment tool?

·
Registered
56 Posts
check list

The jet washer nozzleCan be adjusted , just done it today on my mates mokka using the special tool , easy to do ..dont believe everything your dealer tells you ..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello all,

Since my delivery date is approaching,
I've been digging through the forum vast experience base to try and find a checklist
when picking the car up.

The last entry was more than 10 month
ago so based on the amount of popularity the Mokka is enjoying; many new members
might have some new things they have encountered.

I'm supposed to pick up a fully loaded
(All factory options for the SE except the flex fit are there)

1.7 CDTi SE Auto and I was wondering if
someone have some new items they can add or change in the list will, that be appreciated.

Thanks to all ""¦

1 - 20 of 20 Posts