Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Generally error 89 suggests service due! You could check with your garage and ask them to check if they reset the service interval?

·
Registered
2 Posts
code 89

I have a 14 plate 1.4 moka done 44k. code 89 has now appeared on the screen .
this code only comes up when im on a motorway / in 6th gear , and if I pull over and turn car off it goes and might come back on again half an hour later .
driving around town center it never comes on only when get bit of speed up and in 6TH gear .
the car looses power and goes into limp mode when this code appears .
anybody had a similar experience ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Code 89 (no other fault lamp) means that the engine management unit has identified a non emission fault. It could be anything from a loose fuel filler cap to something more serious. A fault code reader must be connected to ascertain the fault code. This fault code will indicate the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mokka Error code 89

Why my Mokka 65 keep showing year after year error code 89? when asked Eden Vauhxall they couldn't give an answer, all i know is that every year i had to pay £300 or more for the same thing, am not happy because this shouldn't happen year after year taking into account the yearly mileage is under 10,000.

Can some one give me the right answer?

Thank you

Mrs Pena

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great site. I joined to post a thank you to all! - and to update after my experiences following everything here.
Turns out MOST readers cannot read Vauxhall specific.
We tried 3 readers inc a gdi with gds2 and 5 lots of software in total, found nothing.
I got talking to a Vauxhall mechanic when they were doing my cam belt.
He told me most readers cannot identify code 89.
He plugged it onto the official Vauxhall reader (no charge as work was being done) and up came a glow plug - no 3 in my case.
2 types of glow plug on these, around £45 and with sensor around £150 - luckily mine was the cheaper one -£43 later, all good - code gone!
Hope that is of some help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mokka 1.7 CDTi Diesel Auto Borocay Blue
Having done just 320 miles and on M4 doing 60mph when CodE 89 appears. Yes 89 NOT S89. Called AA who plugged in test equipment and found nothing. Taken to dealer four days later again checked and no fault found. Exactly the same circumstances again on Friday 8 November under 1100 miles now and same code.
After five days told it is the 'O2' sensor which will take another 5 to 7 working days to obtain.
I am absolutely disgusted with the length of time it takes to get such a small part.
Costing Vauxhall £30 a day for a hire car which is an Insignia managing about 15mpg.
Richardb7
hi there i have take off my o2 sensor and spray w40 and EDR spray, guess what is working perfect no more code 89, var running very nice .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Code 89 error

So I’ve just got my mokka 15 plate serviced and a week later I’m getting a code 89 error. There’s only 22000 miles on clock..I don’t do a lot of miles. Someone’s mentioned am 02 sensor but I’m wondering if any of you guys know anything about the problem?
Cheers

Post merged.
hi i have take off sensor and spray w40 and egr spray and is working nice and code 89 gone .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got an error code 89, apparently because of a fault in the "engine coolant thermostat heater control circuit" in a 63-reg petrol model.
It means the valve may be slow to open initially to allow hot coolant into the radiator.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes, error 89 is a generic code which as you can see could be anything without looking with the right kit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got an error code 89, apparently because of a fault in the "engine coolant thermostat heater control circuit" in a 63-reg petrol model.
It means the valve may be slow to open initially to allow hot coolant into the radiator.
It sounds like you have already had it diagnosed. Yes, the 1.6L petrol had a problem with the original thermostat housing. Code 89 means that a non emission fault has been detected. A fault code reader would have come up with code:-
P0597: Engine Coolant Thermostat Heater Control Circuit/Open
As has been said many times, Code 89 means "Have the fault code read"!

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Use a fault code reader!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts