Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tale of woe with my 1.7cdti continues. I got into her today to have the error code 82. Apparently this means oil n filter change ?? Called Peter Vardy and advised them and am still waiting on a date from them to get her booked in when they will investigate my squeak from the steering wheel on full lock too. I could cry I love my mokka but y did I have to get the Friday afternoon model lol. Can I drive her when this warning is there and why after only 7,700 miles

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
Sorry to see you having trouble with your Mokka. Fault CodeS82 = Change engine oil soon.. As you are awaiting a call from your dealer (I would certainly ensure contact tomorrow) for an appointment, I would seek an assurance that it is ok to use the vehicle (I cannot see why not) until then. Regarding it appearing at 7,700 miles, it probably wasn't reset at 100% during it's PDI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had my Mokka for 10 months and 7700 miles error code 82 took it to Vauxhall who told me it needed a service but not to worry as I have a service plan.( As if this is free ) when I pointed out it was 2 whole months early they blame it on driving style.How can they blame driving driving style when they never asked what what type of driving I do

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined forum, I have same problem, 82 popped up, car is 9 months old and done 7700 mikes( seems odd that this seems to be milage people complain about) , car is carefully driven, so cannot understand why it should require oil and filter change, it supposedly can go to 20000, never had this problem with any other car or van I have owned, thinking that if this is common I will be changing to another make, ridiculously low milage for oil change.

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
Hi Malcolm M and welcome to this Forum. As stated aboveand in identical threads that are running, it was probably not reset to 0% at it's PDI. It is worth making a complaint toyour dealer as done by some members who then got itobtained free of charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for reply, I actually purchased my Mokka on line, so I will contact the company and see what I can get them to do about it.I had intended just using my local garage ( who is ex Vauxhall mechanic) using official parts to make sure the warranty would be covered, as my local Arnold Clark Vauxhall dealership are absolutely useless. Thanks again for reply. Edited by: Malcolm M

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same code come up on the dashboard yesterday 'Code 82'. After reading these posts I have phoned the garage to be advised that it's the advanced technology just letting me know that the car is coming up for it's first service and there is nothing to worry about. There are only 5,100 miles on the clock, whereas most of the other posts are 7,700. I asked if it would be okay for a long journey that I am to make at the end of the month and I was reassured that nothing will happen to the car at all. I shall let you know after my journey if it survived .....I hope so as I LOVE my Mokka.

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
Hi WendyMc and welcome to this Forum.
What age/model do you have and is it petrol or diesel?

·
Registered
788 Posts
WendyMc said:
I've had the same code come up on the dashboard yesterday 'Code 82'. After reading these posts I have phoned the garage to be advised that it's the advanced technology just letting me know that the car is coming up for it's first service and there is nothing to worry about. There are only 5,100 miles on the clock, whereas most of the other posts are 7,700. I asked if it would be okay for a long journey that I am to make at the end of the month and I was reassured that nothing will happen to the car at all. I shall let you know after my journey if it survived .....I hope so as I LOVE my Mokka.
How long sinceit waslast serviced and/or when it was delivered new?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the little orange light with the oil can firstfollowed shortly after by the 82 code.I've had my Mokka a year now from new but I've only done 1600 miles in it. An injury prevented me driving it for quitea while.
Fortunately it's a Motobility car so it won't cost me anything andthe service is booked in next week anyway so I'm just going to ignore it for the time being.
Damned annoying though and quite worrying when it came on as I was driving down a motorway.

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
Hi zapsincl and welcome to this Forum.

It does state in the owners manual the service is due 20,000 miles (over optimistic) or annually as in your particular case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Bought the missus a 64 plate mokka 1.7cdti se (although I wanted the 1.6 whisper engine one), we've had the car for 1 month now (bought second hand from Arnold Clark with 11,300miles on the clock) and it's covered about 2000 miles which is mainly motorway miles. All of a sudden today she went to drive the car and this error code 82 appeared and she panicked, I've spoken to Arnold Clark service team and was told that the car was serviced but because the service wasn't due they couldn't reset the settings until it came on (that doesn't sound right to me and sounds like an excuse”).

However I've been told we can drive the car as normal and to just pop in Thursday as that's my next day off and they will reset it for me, I thought you could reset this no matter when.........is this right?

Also it's an auto and I feel it's very sluggish, when I accelerate I feel it's about to change gears but all it does is make a lot of noise and then all of a sudden it changes gears. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you in advance for any help. ˜Š

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
Hi Saj786 and welcome to this Forum.

I would abide by their instruction simply to maintain the warranty.
It specifically states in the manual, each time the oil is changed the system should be reset.

Control Indicators - Vauxhall Mokka Owner's Manual [Page 77]

Regarding your auto, we have an auto 1.4t and the box is as smooth as near perfect. <div style="padding: 5px; margin: 5px; display: inline;">
<div style="padding: 5px; margin: 5px; display: inline;">http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/get-smiley/965.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi and thanks for the welcome. ˜Š

I will speak to them on Thursday, have a feeling they may be fobbing me off.

I think somethings wrong with my auto as I find it over revs a lot, I need to book it in to get the Bluetooth and stereo system checked so will mention that too. ˜•

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
Good luck, and keep this Forum updated.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts