Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mokka 2016 auto
I've started to get a clicking sound on acceleration. No error codes, heat ok, service 5 months ago.
Any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
10,267 Posts
It would help knowing whether petrol or diesel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry.
1.4i petrol. 2016. Automatic, engine temp ok (normal) . Did 270 miles with no warning lights yesterday, no power lose of engine. Bought new so know history.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 63reg 1.4t petrol manual

I've just had the same type of noise , light tapping/clicking - only on accelerating ,
Did you find the fault JKid - or any ideas anyone ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On my 63reg 1.4t petrol manual

I've just had the same type of noise , light tapping/clicking - only on accelerating ,
Did you find the fault JKid - or any ideas anyone ?

Thanks !
Had for 6 mths and hundreds of miles. Took to garage to investigate with a full service and the service solved it!!! They couldn't find it after service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tried that - Had mine serviced and MOT'd (non Vauxhall) but that didn't solve it so Vauxhall dealer next I suppose :(
Thanks !

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've never worked on these engines but the clicking noise could be coming from the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system, there's a diaphragm and an oil separator valve as shown in the pic and repair kits are cheap. I believe there's also a valve in the pipework around the inlet manifold which can cause clicking but it's a replacement valve job (which might include the pipe).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts