Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi just to let people know,i took my mokka 1.7 tdi into Evans Halshaw kilmarnock, they tpok a phot of the bubbling trim around my radio cd player sent it off to vauxhall.just over a week later i got a phone call to say vauxhall had approved the replacement part.A few days later it was done in less than 1 hour.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got fed up with looking at the flaking chrome on Friday so I decided I was going to do something about it without spending £100+ on a new part. This weekend I removed the part, sanded back all the chrome then very carefully masked up all the black portion and sprayed with plastic primer. After another prime coat and then some rubbing down I colour coated with Vauxhall Star Silver III before more rubbing down and lacquering. Overall pleased with the result and reasonably matches the other silver plastic trim. Its so much better than looking at flaking chrome or having to pay the ridiculous price for a replacement part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone tell me where I can find one of these videos, showing how to remove this ‘trim’ as I can’t find one...

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Skip along to the 8:30 approx. segment. (Foreign Dialect)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
Question about the video at the point where one might take out their Mokka's flaking silver U shape radio trim: can this part be removed on its own or do you have to remove the "cubby hole" section first?
Thanks!
RG

21 - 30 of 30 Posts