Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya. . A Mokka 2014 1.7 ctdi . In the cold of the winter the chrome has started to flake off the u shaped chrome panel surround on the radio/AC panel in the centre consul. I am told A replacement part costs £85 (part 95107190) and comes attached to the plastic surround. Can any one tell me how to remove the chrome/plastic casing so I cam replace the defective trim? Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Useful post as mine has done the same thing this week, lucky enough mine is just bubbling at the moment so i have been able to just press it back down. £85 for a bit of plastic, madness! Im reluctant to buy a replacement part if it is just going to do it again.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
If you can get it off in one piece there are quite a few companies (if you are prepared to 'flat' the part to remove existing 'chrome') who will re-plate it for a fraction of the replacement part.

If the two of you got together then the price difference between doing one or two would be negligible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi there,

I noticed this problem some months ago and yes £85 is madness I am going to put a thin strip of exterior detailing tape in say red around the complete U shape it would blend in with the red ambient lighting and could look quite cool better than £85 and the issue of removal and refixing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys. Thank you for the info on removing the plastic panel. I have the tools.
I'm thinking of replacing the failed part but keeping the old one to see if I can stablize it and maybe seal it with a clear coating, ready for the new part failing next year. It sounds like its a problem with this part. It's nice to know that there are people out there willing to help and share info.
Have a good new year . Edited by: Boo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,

Yep my chrome is falling of my radio trim after the cold snap it looks a right mess, dealer quoted £109 + vat and £30.00 it fit, i wounder what i said ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi redfactorman. I simpathis with the problem. It definitely seems a manufactureing defect . At least the panel clips off and maybe the the chrome can be covered in some way. As an ex Vauxhall employee I have a quote for £85. For the part only but that includes staff discount . May be the Mokka owners club can help with a discount? There are several video clips on how to remove the panel on YouTube so it may be worth looking at these. Have a good new year and let's hope that the new part is of a better quality and manufactured standard than the old one. My previous car was a Nissan Juke and those suffered from paint wearing of the top of the gear leaver. The only solution was to repaint it yourself or replace the whole gear leaver. Much more expensive. (I chose to repaint.)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Loads of threads on this, please use the forum search.

One poster got his dealer to replace it for free but, as a general rule, 'cosmetic' parts are not warranty items and VX are taking the p*** asking over £130 for this piece of plastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,I've now the same problem with the silver radio trim. I've trawled through the forum with a variety of search words but the same hits keep coming back.
That the silver radio trim is bubbling/flaking after minus Celcius weather is shocking to say the least.
Would one of the moderators please reply with the thread links to the forum topics on this item?
My Mokka is a '63. I'm off to VX this Friday morning about the seat trim, and can ask about the flaking silver at the same time.
Much obliged,
Carolyn

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Seat trim and the chrome are both 'wear and tear/cosmetic' items and not covered by any warranty, you may get a sympathetic dealer but, then again, your may 'play it by the book'.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Possibly getting the parts wrapped might be cheaper - search for a vinyl wrapper locally - or even getting the trim acid cleaned and re painted ??

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
RiverGirrl said:
Hi All,I've now the same problem with the silver radio trim. I've trawled through the forum with a variety of search words but the same hits keep coming back.
That the silver radio trim is bubbling/flaking after minus Celcius weather is shocking to say the least.
Would one of the moderators please reply with the thread links to the forum topics on this item?
My Mokka is a '63. I'm off to VX this Friday morning about the seat trim, and can ask about the flaking silver at the same time.
Much obliged,
Carolyn

It appears this is the only thread, an identical one on the 19 January 2018 was merged here.
Good luck at VX on Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I have just purchased a Mokka however the chrome trim around the stereo is a bit worn, I have seen a photo of how to remove it but can not seem to find where to purchase one from?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Do you really want one at £107 +VAT?!!!

I would look at the other threads on this subject for potential alternative solutions.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts