Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else found that the chrome effect trim around the foglights is starting to bubble up and flake off?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its one of the 1st ones, delivered on the 30th November
Parts are on back order, will be keeping an eye on the new ones once fitted
I shall take a pic later and upload

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yuck - not good. I hope this isn't a feature we all get!

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's awful! this shouldn't happen on 5 month old car, even a 5 year old car!

You can say that the harsh weather we have had has affected the 'Chrome Effect' plastic, but standards on an exterior light surrounding should be able to withstand the elements, surely??

From the pic, you can quite clearly tell the unit is not one solid piece of plastic, it looks as though it is vinyl coated or something similar. To see what it really is you would need to 'scratch' away at one of the bubbles, but I wouldn't advise doing this unless you have replacements

I have noticed that the SE models have different fog light surrounds than the other models. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has experienced or seen this?

Edited by: MokkaFokka

·
Registered
584 Posts
Let us know what the dealer has to say about it, pretty poor standard

·
Registered
156 Posts
Adikus said:
Anyone else found that the chrome effect trim around the foglights is starting to bubble up and flake off?

Just had a look at mine in the poor light and I can confirm mine are showing signs of bubbles, however not anywhere near as bad as yours appear in the photo. Mine appears to be more focused to the upper part of the surrounds.
Shall have a closer look in the morning when the sun is out.

Have you raised this with your dealer?
Mine was a mid December delivery.

Poor photo but you can see the bubbles starting to form, nowhere as bad as Adikus though (yet).
Shall be contacting my dealer Monday as service department not open over the weekend as small family run franchise.
Edited by: 1dera

·
Registered
817 Posts
I hope this isnt going to be the general stabdard of the car.

But the lifetime warranty should cover that

·
Registered
421 Posts
Many years ago, almost in a different lifetime, I worked in a place thatmetallisedthe plastic headlights and rear clusters (reflectors) of many a Ford, Landrover, and Vauxhalls. The plastic had to bescrupulously<b style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"> clean, for alacquerto be applied which in turn, attracted the vaporised aluminium, under a vacuum. These we thenlacqueredagain, to protect the coating.These look like they have been poorly prepared prior tometallising. It looks like the baselacqueris lifting, cause? I'd say thereleaseagent wasn't properly cleaned off. Another "rush job"?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Surely Vauxhall must know about this?

Theirvown test cars shold be the same?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Has anyone spoken to VCS to ensure they are aware?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hopefully everyone will check and report issues on here

·
Registered
156 Posts
Updated earlier post with image of surrounds bubbling on mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pointed it out to the dealer when it went in for the flickering climate control back lights. New parts ordered a month ago, only one has arrived so far.

·
Registered
584 Posts
We shouldn't have to compromise on what is design issue

·
Registered
584 Posts
I cannot find the earlier thread, just checked my light housings and they are ok, no signs of bubbling

1 - 20 of 56 Posts