Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the software update for the latest recall done last Monday. Have not used the car until today and I've noticed that the chimes that sound when you open the door with your keys in the ignition, etc, are barely audible. I have tried the configuration menu options which allow you to choose High or Low but have no effect.
Have contacted Evens Halsham, Portsmouth, the service agent said that its nothing to do with the update but bring it in and they will take a look. Too much of a coincidence I think, anyone had a similar experience?

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Other than some like it, some not, with no further update.
Would you please update with the dealership's conclusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Took the car in as requested. They spent an hour looking into the problem, only to say that they could not find a reason why the chimes were at a very low level, but they repeated that it was not anything to do with the recent software update...really?
Anyway, they suggested that the problem might go away if they change the instrument cluster...really?
I said that I did not want to spend any unnecessary money on the car as it was not a big problem for me, really!
Okay so, I received a phone call from their Customer Service Manager today to ask I was happy with the outcome of my visit. I explained what happened, although it turned out that he had the service report in front of him already! He has generously offered to take the car in for a more in-depth inspection and report, in the clear knowledge that I do not wish to spend any unnecessary money on the car. Incidentally, it's a 2015 1.7CDTi 4x4.
So, good on you Evans Halshaw Portsmouth.
I will update in a couple of weeks after the next visit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had my brake recall done and because of the inconvenience of having to take time out of work, the Vauxhall dealer did a complimentary safety check and fluids top-up on the car. After confirming the appointment, I get a text asking me if they can do a valuation of the vehicle. I said 'No'.

Then a call asking me if I have the security code for the radio etc. If not, it would be a £100 to get the codes, it would take up to a week and the appointment rescheduled. After a frantic search, I found the code cards in the service log. All good and well, except they had my appointment time wrong. Reluctantly, I took the appointment time on offer.

Apart from that, all went well. The car passed the safety check with flying colours and while they had the car for two hours, I took a walk around the surrounding car dealers to eye-up my next vehicle. No complaints whatsover with the Mokka but with the car at seven years old I feel in need of a fresh drive and am considering a Honda CVR Exec. The Mokka will be paid for in 12 months and it's just a case of waiting...and looking.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just had my brake recall done and because of the inconvenience of having to take time out of work, the Vauxhall dealer did a complimentary safety check and fluids top-up on the car. After confirming the appointment, I get a text asking me if they can do a valuation of the vehicle. I said 'No'.

Then a call asking me if I have the security code for the radio etc. If not, it would be a £100 to get the codes, it would take up to a week and the appointment rescheduled. After a frantic search, I found the code cards in the service log. All good and well, except they had my appointment time wrong. Reluctantly, I took the appointment time on offer.

Apart from that, all went well. The car passed the safety check with flying colours and while they had the car for two hours, I took a walk around the surrounding car dealers to eye-up my next vehicle. No complaints whatsover with the Mokka but with the car at seven years old I feel in need of a fresh drive and am considering a Honda CVR Exec. The Mokka will be paid for in 12 months and it's just a case of waiting...and looking.
I wonder why they needed the codes? When you SPS it you can get a report file which has the code in it. Mine was £25 3 years ago, which to be fair a dealer if they dont know the way i do only has to contact Germany. Sounds unreal

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wonder why they needed the codes? When you SPS it you can get a report file which has the code in it. Mine was £25 3 years ago, which to be fair a dealer if they dont know the way i do only has to contact Germany. Sounds unreal
The plain fact is Vauxhall dealers will try to bleed you dry with any 'gimmick' they can think of.
I took my car there very reluctantly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts