Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to buy the Vauxhall roof bars to fit my bike carriers to when the car comes in late spring (hopefully) after initially ordering and then canceling Flex Fit.

However, LIDL are currently doing a pair of anodized aluminum 120cm lockable roof bars. They tend to do weekly specials and once they are gone, they are gone, soo I took a chance and bought them for £24.99 on Thursday night.

Good news! They fit the roof rails perfectly and so I have saved myself £90. They are not quite as sturdy as the official version but will take 90kg and that is plenty for the two bikes. Will be carrying.

Haven't done an Internet search yet but the label says they are Ultimate Speed make and model 71669 and come with a three year warranty.

·
Registered
494 Posts
iCheers ainf1,Interesting news that, I'll nip over tomorrow to see if our local Lidl have any.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Flat Eric, ta for the link, does that include the 4 attachments as well though or just the bars?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Accompanying blurb show keys provided, and they're within the attachments. Click on small picture to bottom left of main picture which show the attachments in more detail

·
Registered
339 Posts
Interesting post,
I have a set of Thule roof bars which were attached to my Zafira some time ago. I intend on checking them for size against my Mokka today.
However I have noticed there are a couple of (location) holes on the roof rails attached to the Mokka which are probably there to facilitate the positioning of the feet of the roof bars.
I'll update this post later with my verdict.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the tip about Lidl Roof Bars Iainf1 - just returned from our Lidl with a set - at least I can look at them until my Royal Blue 1.7CDTi Techline 4x4 arrives - hopefully sometime this year!.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Weird, they are now showing £26.99 on the web link.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Just bought myself a set for 24.99 and they look the business
I also bought a set of car mats as have to wait 3 weeks for dealer ones.
For the money there great. Front ones look and fit great but back ones a tight fit.
There Just for a short time tho and will come in handy occasionally

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mokkaless I walked up to my local Lidl today and they didnt have any sat around although they had a few car products brought in this week. But I have ordered roof bars so wasnt too worried as wanted to replace my older bars with the new car any way. plus go them as a package deal on the free fuel weekend with floor mats and boot liner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts