Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I've been following this forum for a couple of months now with great interest whilst waiting for my new car to be delivered and have learned a few things as well. Thanks everyone.
Now I have just taken delivery of my lovely velvet red Exclusiv last Friday. It's fabulous.
I have a question that I hope someone can answer. How can I turn the alarm off? In my old car (Skoda) there was a button I could press before shutting and locking the car. This meant that I could leave my dog in the back while I went into a shop, safe in the knowledge that the car was locked and that the alarm would not sound. I cannot see how to do this in my Mokka.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hi MokkaMichael. The answer is you can't. The alarm is only activated by opening the doors or boot lid. There are no sonics in the car to detect movement. I take my dog everywhere in the car, and she hasn't activated the alarm yet. I know that the brochure claims it has sonics, and I have an e mail from Vauxhall stating that it has, but it hasn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Er... But there is a sensor on the dashboard just behind the display. I've just read the manual which says:-
"Notice
Changes to the vehicle interior, e.g. the use of seat covers, and open windows, could impair the function if passenger compartment monitoring"
This sort of implies that the compartment us protected by the sensor.
I've also just read "the anti-theft system can be deactivated by pressing the button <lock symbol> Or switching on the ignition". I would hope at switching on the ignition does disable the system but I might give the button a go.

·
Registered
713 Posts
No ultrasonic sensors fitted. Vauxhall normally fit ultrasonic sensors and a disable button to the headlining by the interior light in the rest of the vauxhall range. No such thing on the Mokka

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
The easy way to test it, is to sit in the car, and lock it with the key, wait for the red light to flash, and then move around to see if you can activate the alarm. Unless the newer models have changed, I think you'll find that the only way to activate the alarm, is to open the door. Give it a try, and let us know. Edited by: Fredave

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
I left the wife in there overnight to test it and the alarm never went off, well I don't think it did but I was wearing ear plugs....

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Jean-Luc said:
If you lock the car with the key instead of the remote then the interior sensor is nor activated but the doors are.
I've tried both ways, and on mine, opening the door, is the only way to activate the alarm. There are no sensors visible either. The pod on the front of the dashboard seems to be only for the warning light.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Bandit said:
I left the wife in there overnight to test it and the alarm never went off, well I don't think it did but I was wearing ear plugs....

I'll try the same tonight (without the ear plugs) and let you know for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
wellinever said:
Bandit said:

I'll try the same tonight (without the ear plugs) and let you know for sure.

I'll send her up there when she comes back from bingo then....

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Fredave said:
Let me know which makes the most noise, your wife or the alarm

Well on my next experiment I thought who loves me more, the wife or the dog? So I locked them both in the car for a few hours and it was only the dog that was pleased to see me when I let them out...

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
BanditI'll send her up there when she comes back from bingo then....[img said:
http://i.imgur.com/3ynvKjw.gif[/img]

Ooh, out spending your money,
again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have experienced false alarms for several days. Alarm goes off even when car is unlocked and thealarm not set. This seems to rule out sensor issues and points to radio activation.
Operation is seemingly random and often occurs shortly after the car has been used.

The key fobs are the only source of radio signal that is coded to the alarm.

As a short term fix, I have fount that keeping both fobs in an enclosed metal tin (technically a Faraday cage) stops the problem - particularly valuable overnight.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hi Davy, and welcome to the forum. How old is your Mokka? I had a similar problem with a different Vauxhall, and it turned out that the vehicle battery was faulty and not holding its charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for that. The car is only 18 months old so battery unlikely to be a problem. Going in under warranty on Friday so hopefully will be sorted.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Hi Davy and welcome to this Forum.
Hopefully the dealership will rectify the problem and please keep us updated as to the solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have a 2014 Mokka SE, been totally fine since I've had it, but this weekend the alarm has been going off randomly for no apparent reason. All windows are closed and all the doors / boot / bonnet seem closed tight too.

Anybody else had this? what could be the cause / fix?

Hoping to get it into local dealership in the next day or so

Thread merged.

Edited by: wellinever

1 - 20 of 45 Posts