Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone already running their Mokka's have the spare wheel?? I need to order one and would like to know the wheel and tyre size?

Ta

·
Registered
633 Posts
The wheel is 16"x4" with a PDC of 105x5.
Tyre is 125/70/16.
Standard wheel has an ET of 38 don't know if the skinny spare would stick out further .
<div ="PMmsg">
I had to give my VRM and chassis number to Bristol Street to get told
Part number - 9598201 is a 16" x 4" Spacesaver without tyre at £92.40 inc vat.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I have today got one for mine.

16" v0009598201 Wheel £77.00 + Vat

125/70r16 Tyer £63.05+ Vat

v00095089601 Jack £49.80 +VAT

v0013348506Wrench £15.40 +VAT

Hope that will help ,got mine from Lookers Vauxhall Warrington 01925651311

·
Registered
142 Posts
Birchsilver said:
Hi I have today got one for mine.

16" v0009598201 Wheel £77.00 + Vat

125/70r16 Tyer £63.05+ Vat

v00095089601 Jack £49.80 +VAT

v0013348506Wrench £15.40 +VAT

Hope that will help ,got mine from Lookers Vauxhall Warrington 01925651311

So about £250 and only £100 as an option! No wonder I was told it was too late to order as an option, they can make £150 as an after sale

Wonder how much AA/RAC/Green Flag will charge if you call them out for a blown tyre?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, thanks for the prompt responses! I have ordered mine with a bike rack and intend to put the spare in the boot for long journeys.

I guess its alway cheaper at the factory as they are buying in bulk as the manufacturer rather than the franchised dealer buying in small amounts and when its on the production line they can just put the bits in?!

Will speak to my local dealer and get one on order, hopefully it will arrive before the car in the summer!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Have now got all the items for a Spacesaver spare wheel and saved around £140.93 on the Vauxhall quoted price of £256.36 + VAT = £307.63

Wheel £83.49 including VAT and delivery (OEM)
Tyre £62.27 including VAT, delivery and fitting (Continental)
Wheel wrench with 4 socket sizes £7.99 including VAT and delivery.
Scissor Jack 2 ton capacity £12.95 including VAT and delivery.

Total £166.70
and maybe someone on E-Bay will buy the supplied "goo kit" that the Mokka will come supplied with

·
Registered
142 Posts
theforestdweller said:
Have now got all the items for a Spacesaver spare wheel and saved around £140.93 on the Vauxhall quoted price of £256.36 + VAT = £307.63

Wheel £83.49 including VAT and delivery (OEM)
Tyre £62.27 including VAT, delivery and fitting (Continental)
Wheel wrench with 4 socket sizes £7.99 including VAT and delivery.
Scissor Jack 2 ton capacity £12.95 including VAT and delivery.

Total £166.70
and maybe someone on E-Bay will buy the supplied "goo kit" that the Mokka will come supplied with

Interested in more details on this as Im looking to get a spacesaver but not paying £300 for it - any chance of any links/details of where you got them from? Especially the wheel & tyre.
Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
506 Posts
chrisbr - sorry for delay in responding, hadn't spotted your post

The wheel was from a Ford(?) main dealer who advertises on E-Bay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/partshop247. I bought my mudflaps from them and then followed up to see if they could source a spacesaver rim.

Tyre was courtesy of http://blackcircles.com. First time I've used them, but they were the cheapest for the tyre and there's the option of having tyre delivered to your home or to a local fitting agent when the fitting price is included at the time of purchasing the tyre. Faultless service.

Jack and wheel brace courtesy of E-Bay - where else

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi can anyone tell me that if you have got the space saver wheel from Vauxhall do they give you the jack ,wrench etc ? As the mokka I have ordered has a spare wheel with it and I will not be pleased if I have to buy them also after paying o have a spare wheel

·
Registered
142 Posts
theforestdweller said:
chrisbr - sorry for delay in responding, hadn't spotted your post

The wheel was from a Ford(?) main dealer who advertises on E-Bay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/partshop247. I bought my mudflaps from them and then followed up to see if they could source a spacesaver rim.

Tyre was courtesy of http://blackcircles.com. First time I've used them, but they were the cheapest for the tyre and there's the option of having tyre delivered to your home or to a local fitting agent when the fitting price is included at the time of purchasing the tyre. Faultless service.

Jack and wheel brace courtesy of E-Bay - where else
theforestdweller - thanks for posting this info. Much cheaper option than dealers. Just need to decide whether to buy now or wait until I get my mokka

·
Registered
767 Posts
Torpoint-Dave said:
Hi can anyone tell me that if you have got the space saver wheel from Vauxhall do they give you the jack ,wrench etc ? As the mokka I have ordered has a spare wheel with it and I will not be pleased if I have to buy them also after paying o have a spare wheel
In a word. Yes.

Picture courtesy of Blum.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I ordered the Flex Fit & a space Saver. Got a 'phone call off the dealer saying Vauxhall will do one or the other - not both. The dealer said they'll sort something out - I hope it'll be closer to the option price - rather than the "after thought" price. My PX is a DS3. I had a space saver option on that from new. They are fetching £200+ on ebay. I'll hawk that, if I have to pay top price. Absolute rip off.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Spireite said:
I ordered the Flex Fit & a space Saver. Got a 'phone call off the dealer saying Vauxhall will do one or the other - not both. The dealer said they'll sort something out - I hope it'll be closer to the option price - rather than the "after thought" price. My PX is a DS3. I had a space saver option on that from new. They are fetching £200+ on ebay. I'll hawk that, if I have to pay top price. Absolute rip off.
Dealer should have known that you can't have both at point of sale or order.

Lack of product knowledge is down to them & is no excuse. They should have known.

If you really want the space saver get them to supply one as a separate dealer order at no extra cost to you. It will have to live in the boot on top of the loadfloor areathough as the Flex Fit takes up all the room where thespare wheel would have been stowed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Flat Eric said:
Spireite said:
Dealer should have known that you can't have both at point of sale or order.

Lack of product knowledge is down to them & is no excuse. They should have known.

If you really want the space saver get them to supply one as a separate dealer order at no extra cost to you. It will have to live in the boot on top of the loadfloor areathough as the Flex Fit takes up all the room where thespare wheel would have been stowed.
I half guessed that. That's not a problem, as I'll get something like this -http://www.autosport.com.au/itemdetailspage/15697. Make use of the boot lashing points

·
Registered
767 Posts
Spireite said:
I half guessed that. That's not a problem, as I'll get something like this -http://www.autosport.com.au/itemdetailspage/15697. Make use of the boot lashing points
If you haven't bought the strap yet hold fire cos they give you one in the spare wheel kit. If the dealer plays hardball you may only get the wheel & no jack, wheel braceor strap. You'll just have to see what he comes up with.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Don't talk to me about the space saver tyre, my dealers done me. When I took delivery of my Mokka I ordered a space saver to be charged £200 approx, then tried to charge me an extra £60 approx for the tyre to go with it, stuck to my guns and dealers waving the fee of the tyre. However that was a month ago, the space savers all paid for and theres still no sign of it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I take it if you order the space saver from the dealer not as an option you still get the foam inlay bit to hold the jack etc?

Maybe it's this that bumps the price up

Anybody know if you can get this foam inlay from anywhere?

Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I had my test drive in the mokka it had the Flex-fix option. I looked in the boot to see if the area where the spavesaver wheel would belong had gone but there was still some room in there, maybe 100-150mm deep. Can anyone confirm the dimensions?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've got the foam inlay which came with my Mokka, just waiting for the god damn wheel (apparently waiting for wheel holding nut + tools)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts