Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mokka 1.2 Auto Launch Edition
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my old Mokka X in this morning and picked up my 1.2 petrol Launch Edition New Mokka.

Sadly this stupid fuel shortage due to idiots panic buying means I can’t even take it out for a decent drive.

So I decided to fit my front/rear Dashcam… but gave up when I found the nightmare that is the new Mokka Fusebox. You have to takethe glovebox completely off just to get at the fuses and I can’t find a video of how to disassemble the darn thing, like I did on my old Mokka X.
Does anyone have a link of how to reach the internal fusebox on the New Mokka. I really am at a loss.

Regarding my new Mokka, I may not be able to drive it much but I did enjoy the drive home with it… past all the garages with “NO FUEL” signs… dammit!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Page 192 in the manual says you open the glovebox, and remove the cover but doesn't look like much room, then page 194 shows another fuse box under and to the right of the steering column that appears to contain more useful fuses for accessories, but still looks pretty cramped from the pictures

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Page 192 in the manual says you open the glovebox, and remove the cover but doesn't look like much room, then page 194 shows another fuse box under and to the right of the steering column that appears to contain more useful fuses for accessories, but still looks pretty cramped from the pictures
Yeah… exactly my point. I’ve looked everywhere for info on accessing the fuse boxes and come up dry. Looks like I’m going to have to pay a proper auto installer to do it rather than do it myself.

The reason why it’s so hard to access the fuses is pretty obvious. Right hand drive controls yet the fuse boxes remaining in the same position as a left hand drive vehicle. It’s why glove boxes in the UK are always stupidly small compared to foreign versions.

Meh… at least I know it will be installed properly if I get some professionals to do it… hopefully lol.

Even with this… I still love my new spaceship.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Typical… finally found a switched fuse but right next to a relay so the fuse tap wouldn’t fit. Spent ages going through the fuses and the last one I checked that had space for the fuse tap actually worked fine… did the test with the camera and lo and behold it works.

So I get ready to thread all the wiring… AND THE HEAVENS OPEN UP. :mad:

With not being able to drive it’s the perfect time to fit my Dashcam. But even heaven has it in for cars it seem. :rolleyes::LOL:

I still love my new Xbox Series Car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I was supposed to be mowing today, very disappointed! ;)
😂 - Oh well… no rain tomorrow.

I’m just glad I don’t have to fork out £70 just to have someone pop off some plastic panels, plug in a fuse tap and then push the wires behind the headlining and pillar trim.

The only thing I had problems with was accessing the fuse boxes because of the right hand drive and didn’t have any YouTube videos to help me with examples. I’d record my own but I’m no expert and I had problems with not wanting to hurt my new baby.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YAY… Dashcam in and working on switched fuse. All wiring hidden (except for the stupid rear view camera wiring. I’m going to have to think something up because when I open up the rear hatch it sometimes causes the camera to go askew.

One bad bit though. A tiny scratch has appeared on my centre infotainment screen. No idea how I did that because I was doing 99% of the work from outside the car on a stool (due to my stupid disability causing me leg pain).

But the scratch is tiny. It’s just my OCD kicking in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have a new Mokka but a Mokka X ecotec 2018 version. I gave up on the rear camera, simply because the fuse box that should be in the rear, just isn't there (don't believe everything you read in the manual). Nice fuse description on the plastic cover though but it ain't there! So what should have been a very simple job was going to be a pain! I fitted it to the wife's car!

But the front. I cheated. Forget the fusebox. I fitted one of these ( Rearmaster Universal OBD Power Cable for Dash Camera). Made supplying power to the cam a breeze. Ok, it gets unplugged, if and when the car needs diagnostics, but so far (3 months and running) it has worked 100%.

Edit, I see you've done the honours now anyway. Well done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a new Mokka but a Mokka X ecotec 2018 version. I gave up on the rear camera, simply because the fuse box that should be in the rear, just isn't there (don't believe everything you read in the manual). Nice fuse description on the plastic cover though but it ain't there! So what should have been a very simple job was going to be a pain! I fitted it to the wife's car!

But the front. I cheated. Forget the fusebox. I fitted one of these ( Rearmaster Universal OBD Power Cable for Dash Camera). Made supplying power to the cam a breeze. Ok, it gets unplugged, if and when the car needs diagnostics, but so far (3 months and running) it has worked 100%.

Edit, I see you've done the honours now anyway. Well done.
Yeah, saved myself £70. But you are right about some fuse circuits being missing. I plugged into some circuits and there was no power at all. The OBD fuse seems to be missing on my New Mokka too. I was going to get an OBD thingy to diagnose my own problems after my last car had a problem with the starter motor. Being able to rule out other things (I thought my battery was going bad) would have been a blessing. It did get fixed eventually but trying to track the fault down was a pain.

I wonder why the diagnostics fuse is missing?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
YAY… Dashcam in and working on switched fuse. All wiring hidden (except for the stupid rear view camera wiring. I’m going to have to think something up because when I open up the rear hatch it sometimes causes the camera to go askew.

One bad bit though. A tiny scratch has appeared on my centre infotainment screen. No idea how I did that because I was doing 99% of the work from outside the car on a stool (due to my stupid disability causing me leg pain).

But the scratch is tiny. It’s just my OCD kicking in.
Which fuse box was the fuse in, glove box or under steering column?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used one from the glove box. The plastic side panel popped off VERY easily which made it pretty easy to to sort out the fuse tap and earth. Watch out for the frame metal though. It’s REALLY sharp in places. I ended up taping over them just in case a wire moved and started to chafe. Not impressed on the hidden finish work tbh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts