Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,<?: prefix = u5 /><u5:p></u5:p><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<u5:p></u5:p>
I have just had a promotion at work which now enT*Tles me to a company car J . Now I had been looking at the new Audi A3 Sportback, Mercedes a180 and BMW 1 Series ""“ Mercedes to small inside ""“ didn't like BMW (didn't even get out of my car at the dealership), Sportback very nice (my 10 yr. old sons choice). But recently I glanced a Mokka in our shopping centre, liked the look of it so did what everyone would do and looked it up on the web and every review slatted the car on noise, ride, comfort, etc. BUT a review on Autocar from 4 days ago and a re-review by Top gear (Auto car up from 2 * to 3 ½ *) has made me think again. Apparently it has new damped suspension and new insulation material around the windows. Anybody have any problems, wish they hadn't got one. I will have to keep this for 3 years so want to make the right choice.<u5:p></u5:p>
Thanks<u5:p></u5:p>
Steve

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, I have had my Mokka SE cdti since march 1st, I can't say a bad thing about it apart from problems I had with the headlights. The seats are really comfortable, really economical and a joy to ride, I drove down to Cardiff the weekend and there was a little noise on certain roads but this is not engine noise which is silent I think it was just a rough road surface which I assume you will hear in all cars. The suspension is amazing I think and no swaying or bouncing at all. So far top marks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We just picked ours up on saturday - I drive a 2010 Audi TT and so thats my comparison and the mokka is my wifes. Overall I think the build quality isexcellent - very solid well put together car. Ride wise no complaints whatsoever, very smooth , composed,soaks up the bumps really well and very little body roll. Its the 1.7cdtitechline model so comes laden with all kinds of gadgets unlike a lot of other makes which you have to specify as options. Came with 8 miles on the clock so still running in so not really had chance to tell what the engine will be like but so far so good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's a tough choice as there are many decent cars these days.

Make sure you have a good long test drive.

I am not sure on the diesel engine.

Other cars to consider that dont get many mentions are Citroen C4 and DS4
http://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars/ds-range/citroen-ds4/ds4-launch/#/new-cars/ds-range/citroen-ds4/ds4-launch/
The middle models of the range are very well specced with gadgets.

and there is talk of the C4 Aircross 4x4 arriving soon.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/citroen/c4/18685/citroen-c4-aircross

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=citroen+aircross

I cant decide......

Edited by: mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
Picked up my 1.7 4x4 diesel on the 1st March. Now completed 3000 miles and I love everything about the car and would recommend it to anyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts