Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, this is not Breaking News with an answer to all the AFL problems! Have you seen the amount of 'views' on them?
No, this is Breaking News to confirm thatInow have an official'pass' to go and sit in the waiting room having ordered my Vauxhall Mokka 1.7Cdtiin Summit White.

Following a trawl of some dealerships at the weekend I found myself sat in one on Sunday afternoonwhen my phonerang. It was the dealer I had visited earlier in the week who, finding out where I was, urged me not to do anything rashuntil she had had a chance to have (yet another) word with her manager to see if they could better that ridiculous quote they had givenme earlierthat week. Sothere I was, with one dealer on the phone trying to outbid thedealer I wassat in front of!

Decided the 'phone' dealer had had enough opportunitiesduring the week beforeto make me asensibleoffer and soopted to do a deal with the one I was sat in front of - besides which, their offer was a lot better
. And, importantly,the whole shopping experience was 10 times better with no pressure, figures in front of me clear and conciseand a relaxed comfortable encounter (must besomething they put in the coffee).

They've been totally upfront with details - told me what I had already read on here that delivery will be months away; even knew about AFL issues (didn't tell me the answer to the problem before you ask!) and, they've even ordered some SE badges as they've noticed thatsome have been arriving with badges missing on one side

Been told that it's almost certainly going to be late July/August at earliest and asked me if I wanted them to keep it for registration on a '63' plate if it's to be as late as this - I'malright with that idea today - come July/AugustI might have a different view!

Psyching myself up for the long wait, and I'm stillok 3 days in!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wow,that's a wait and a half we ordered beginning of feb was told end of July ,hope it don't get to aug/sept but on the upside we will have paid off in full our p/ex car so will be better off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there can be some advantages to this waiting game!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
We weren't planning to change till September but loved the look of the mokka,the 0% finance did it for us and the warranty no other manufacturer was close to consideration

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, please name and 'shame' this good dealer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is Pentagon Sheffield, where the lovely helpful Catherine works.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MICAH are you able to confirm your deal? %/£ discount, extra's and APR?
Good to see there are some dealers that do care. I don't think ppl mind waiting or faults at start up (to be expected!) as long as their issues are being recognised, dealt with in timely manner and communication is key factor

ah btw .. congrats on ordering
... i'm still holding off as don't need new car until winter time ... but curiously keeping an eye on all issues and posts from the forum ... nice bedtime reading stories
before falling into a deep Mokka sleep ...

Edited by: sebaso67

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For a SE with Sat Nav and rear camera it worked out at £1544 discount (a smidge under 7%), with 0% APR which I've takenover 42 months. £11200 for p/x of Qashqaiif Mokka arrives inAugust but I have it in writing that the p/xfigure will be £11700 if it arrives March (lol); £11600 if it arrives in April (still lol)and so on, depreciating each month to August. If it arrives beyond August (good grief),it stops at the £11200 figure. I didn't much fancy that tyre inflator stuff so they've thrown in spare wheel (which I only mentionedI wanted once I had got the final figures in front of me).
In the meantime, I'm free to find a better offer for my Qashqai by private sale or otherwise while I'm waiting for Mokka but, havingresearched,I'm just not going to get any better offer by doing thatthan what'son the table now. Besides, I can't do without a car for 6 months!

Apoint that was mentioned, I think yesterday, is relevant in that it doesn't matter whatdiscounts/p.x figures are. If the bottom line figure, the cost to change ,is what you are happy with -having presumably done your research and you know what the ballpark figure should come out at - then how the dealers 'manipulate' the figures on your Order Formto suit their requirements won't matter. The important thing is you've got that deal you were looking for

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks
Micah! Seems a pretty good deal esp the p/x. Indeed agree that the bottom line figure is the end result to go for,
all the creative accounting in between is the dealer's issue. Good to see though
where there are possibilities for improvement :) if a dealer feels he needs to
hold to his high figure ... as some people have had a really hard time getting
even a penny off :( ... need to know your own ceiling and be prepared to walk
away ... plenty of dealers in the sea. I have always bought my cars hundreds of
miles away as I just wanted the best deal. The pick-up of the vehicle is then
almost like a holiday :) ... I know I can have it delivered ... but I
personally like to pick it up so it gives me the chance to drive it back and
get well acquainted with it :)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1 - 10 of 10 Posts