Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I didn’t know until Vauxhall has just phoned me back, it didn’t say on dvsa. BUT apparently it is only the software update to diagnose this problem, not to fix it. It’s an inside temperature problem of the foot brake pedal sticking
Saz mentioned this, so how come there's a recall and nobody's car has been recalled? nothing on the Gov recall site, but as above they don't fix anything, they just program a warning message if the interior gets too hot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just come across this, which a few owners have had problems with

This is very misleading. I've the recall letter from my dealer and it says the issue is that JUST the brake light might stick on in high temperatures, NOT that the brake stick on. The mod is to give you a warning message that the lights are still on and the peddle is not pressed. It doesn't say where this warning will be displayed.

I was wary as I've registered for the diesel emissions case that they might be using this to apply teaks to other settings while its in there! They are describing it as URGENT, but having the brakelights sticking on is not that much of an issue, having no lights come on, or brakes locking in would be urgent. Bit suspicious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have also received a letter from Vauxhall about the recall I have a diesel model to,
I’m glad I searched the forum before contacting them as I have now also registered for the emissions scandal. I have spoken to a few petrol owners after receiving my letter and they haven’t had anything can this be a cover up? To removed any software of emissions cheating software

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just dropped off my 66 Mokka X Diesel for this recall. I asked the service assistant what would be done if the software identifies that my car has this fault and he said nothing really, it's a warning for you to have the vehicle serviced.

I already know my Mokka has this fault. I have had to stop having the heating on in the cabin because once warm the brake pedal stick down, I have to literally put my foot under the pedal and lift it back up to stop the car from braking.
I think Vauxhall have either not grasped the true issue of the problem with our cars or have decided that it's not serious enough of an issue to organise replacement parts at the manufacturers expense.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
I refute your allegation and apart from your conspiracy theory, are you really stating a thread entitled brakes would entail discussing an emission scandal? Proof required and be very careful of your allegation.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If it turns out only diesel owners are being contacted it would add credence to this conjecture and if it turns out petrol owners are also being contacted it would put the lid on it. this club supposedly exists for the benefit of members and it is in their interest to know the facts, preventing us from finding out those facts simply adds fuel to the fire, there is no reason for owners not to state in a thread headed "brakes" whether their car is petrol or diesel.

We have owned our 2016 Mokka X petrol from new, and it has been serviced by Vauxhall from new, so no reason that we would not be contacted, we have not been contacted about this recall yet, and will update if that changes.

·
Registered
560 Posts
If it turns out only diesel owners are being contacted it would add credence to this conjecture and if it turns out petrol owners are also being contacted it would put the lid on it. this club supposedly exists for the benefit of members and it is in their interest to know the facts, preventing us from finding out those facts simply adds fuel to the fire, there is no reason for owners not to state in a thread headed "brakes" whether their car is petrol or diesel.

We have owned our 2016 Mokka X petrol from new, and it has been serviced by Vauxhall from new, so no reason that we would not be contacted, we have not been contacted about this recall yet, and will update if that changes.
The thing is, so many who join can’t be arsed filling out a profile properly. They just want quick free help like I’ve mentioned over and over recently which no ones seems to get or thinks it’s ok behaviour.

You, like me took the time to fill it in. So I know exactly what version of Mokka you have and you know what I have.

Fortunately I’m not stupid enough not to realise this recall is a load of crap, and your entirely correct regarding recalled fuel types.
Since when did Vauxhall fit a different pedal box to different fuelled cars? Anyone who can’t see that needs to book themselves an appointment somewhere. They all use the same parts throughout, my So called top of the range Vectra is the same. They use parts that are shared throughout the entire range.

Ive already shown those that couldn’t see it that Vauxhall can’t even set up a correct maintenance plan for cars they designed and built, so if they can’t get this basic function right how cant you be confidant something like this is right too.

Besides which, who ok earth needs a message to say your brake lights are on all the time? No other car I’ve ever had has it, your supposed to check your lights at the beginning of every journey according to the high way code.
Brake light switches have stuck and failed for years causing brake lights to stay on. You just swap the switch it’s nothing new and amazing.

But like you say, something is amiss here isn’t it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the letter for the recall and had the upgrade carried out last week. Since the upgrade was carried out my Electronic Stability Control warning light keeps coming on. Everything was fine until the upgrade. I'll be calling the dealers ASAP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saz mentioned this, so how come there's a recall and nobody's car has been recalled? nothing on the Gov recall site, but as above they don't fix anything, they just program a warning message if the interior gets too hot!
Not true. The software fix is explicit, it says the brake lights will flicker in the case of pedal sticking. This is not good because that means the brakes are actually dragging, in order to make the brake light circuit. I just had the warning light software update, I have an automatic, so I have a power brake rather than the standard pedal. Vauxhall gave the car a full heath check at the same time (service without parts). I have noticed my car running slightly better and DCT gear changes a bit slicker. Bearing in mind there were on going software updates since my 2015 SE auto, I am very pleased with the service. Even if they have removed any tricks or flicks for emissions, it won't matter a jot to any legal case. I'm just happy to know my car is safe with the latest Mokka software version for my car.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Not true. The software fix is explicit, it says the brake lights will flicker in the case of pedal sticking. This is not good because that means the brakes are actually dragging, in order to make the brake light circuit. I just had the warning light software update, I have an automatic, so I have a power brake rather than the standard pedal. Vauxhall gave the car a full heath check at the same time (service without parts). I have noticed my car running slightly better and DCT gear changes a bit slicker. Bearing in mind there were on going software updates since my 2015 SE auto, I am very pleased with the service. Even if they have removed any tricks or flicks for emissions, it won't matter a jot to any legal case. I'm just happy to know my car is safe with the latest Mokka software version for my car.
That post was made before any cars had been recalled, there have now been recalls, your car just has a wider brake pedal than a manual, it operates exactly the same braking system, it also does not have a DCT gearbox, there is no means of programming changes to be slicker, the software update does not fix the sticking brake problem which is a mechanical problem that no software can fix, it merely lets you know when they are sticking, you have taken a placebo and found it to be a miracle cure.

·
Registered
560 Posts
That post was made before any cars had been recalled, there have now been recalls, your car just has a wider brake pedal than a manual, it operates exactly the same braking system, it also does not have a DCT gearbox, there is no means of programming changes to be slicker, the software update does not fix the sticking brake problem which is a mechanical problem that no software can fix, it merely lets you know when they are sticking, you have taken a placebo and found it to be a miracle cure.
The Mokkas use the AF32 box no?
There is a way to alter the gearbox shifting, me and a mate did it on an AF40 but not by altering the control modules software directly which none of us have the ability to do. We just used the program used with a different engine to give it longer between the gears as his 1.9 cdti was tuned so used the program for a 2.8t. Cheating but yeah it worked, so they can be programmed but can't see the changes becoming slicker as its just solenoids and valves isnt it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where did I say it fixed the fault ? I said it monitors the fault and gives an error if pedal sticks. Also, gear changes on the DCT gearbox in "Drive mode" are computerised, so minor software changes to timing of gear changes up and down are easy to do for Vauxhall software engineers. I'm saying, as a graduate electronics engineer, if Vauxhall needed to load a new project (program) to the car management computers, all recent program changes or patches will be included in the update, even an emissions cheat rewrite if it's there. Please don't teach your granny to suck eggs, I have written industrial software programs, so I do know what is possible. Software engineers never stand still, continually improving software while cars are in production, they have to justify their jobs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts