Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can someone please help I have a 2014 vauxhall mokka every now and then the brakes stick I've noticed the front brake discs get very,very hot

·
Registered
218 Posts
Service your brakes? Or have a mechanic service them for you. You'll end up with toasted discs and pads otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
So many threads on "sticking brakes" in the Search Community at the top of the page.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had the same on and off for 2 years, every time I take it to the garage they can’t find anything wrong. Apart from a few months ago the callipers were seized on. It’s happening again now,and they’ve just brought it back and can’t find anything. I’ve just been on the dvsa and its saying my car has been recalled since yesterday it’s driving me mad

·
Registered
876 Posts
Need striping down and cleaning

·
Banned
899 Posts
It would help to know the year, engine and model as there were some with faulty
rear caliper dampers, you don't say which, or all of them, or what the recall is for

·
Registered
5 Posts
rear caliper dampers, you don't say which, or all of them, or what the recall is for
I didn’t know until Vauxhall has just phoned me back, it didn’t say on dvsa. BUT apparently it is only the software update to diagnose this problem, not to fix it. It’s an inside temperature problem of the foot brake pedal sticking

·
Banned
899 Posts
That's very interesting, If I recall there have been a few with the brake problems
when the inside heat is directed to the footwell, please tell us more when you find out
what year is the car ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is 64 plate , I did think I was imagining things as how on Earth does the heat affect it ? And if this update detects the fault, which it will, do you have any idea how long it takes to do a recall for a fault ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts