·
Registered
876 Posts
Is the recall for the whole range .petrol/diesel

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got mine too

A little worried about taking it in though. I got mine used and it's very spritely for a 1.6. I think it's been mapped, and main dealers have a nasty habit of flashing the ECU, so I'd lose that performance IF it has been mapped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have just had a letter for a software update for sticking brake pedal, mine has done this for a couple of years now when it is sat in the sun all day, does anyone know if this sorts the problem or just brings a message up, and anyone know how much it cost to sort if not, thanks

·
Banned
38 Posts
Did you read the letter? All information is detailed in the letter, including 'no charge' for any required work. But, having done some research into this, and not being a conspiracy theorist, I do believe there is something dodgy going on here. Would be good to know how many of these recall letters have been sent to owners of petrol variants, is your Mokka petrol or diesel?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have not had a letter yet (petrol)

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you read the letter? All information is detailed in the letter, including 'no charge' for any required work. But, having done some research into this, and not being a conspiracy theorist, I do believe there is something dodgy going on here. Would be good to know how many of these recall letters have been sent to owners of petrol variants, is your Mokka petrol or diesel?
I have recently purchased a Mokka X 2017 Diesel and have found that my brake pedal sticks on when the car is very warm inside....its done it 3 times in the past 3 weeks....really quite scary. When it first happened I drove it straight to a garage and they serviced the brakes but found nothing wrong. I am so relieved to have received the recall letter, at least I can begin the fight for it to be put right by Vauxhall, my car has only done 16,200 miles.

·
Banned
38 Posts
I have recently purchased a Mokka X 2017 Diesel and have found that my brake pedal sticks on when the car is very warm inside....its done it 3 times in the past 3 weeks....really quite scary. When it first happened I drove it straight to a garage and they serviced the brakes but found nothing wrong. I am so relieved to have received the recall letter, at least I can begin the fight for it to be put right by Vauxhall, my car has only done 16,200 miles.
I would not be too optimistic about a quick fix. This is just a very strange software update that may lead to some further work after the software update advises you that your brake pedal is sticking!! Weird.
Edit. Also seems to only be diesel owners being contacted, I really do hope I am wrong about this though, but this new software update seems to be coinciding with a potential mega billion pound damages case against GM regarding diesel emmissions.
Would be good to hear if any petrol owners who are having this pedal issue are getting the recall letter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a letter. Mines is a 2016 diesel model.

·
Registered
2014, CDTI Tech Line
11 Posts
Hi I have just had a letter for a software update for sticking brake pedal, mine has done this for a couple of years now when it is sat in the sun all day, does anyone know if this sorts the problem or just brings a message up, and anyone know how much it cost to sort if not, thanks
Hi, I have just received the same letter about the brake pedal sticking when hot, I have also noticed that mine sticks when driving regardless of the weather. As it is a recall, I am hoping the update resolves the issue and it should be free of charge, (but I wonder if they 'find' another issue and try to charge for it?)

·
Banned
38 Posts
Hi, I have just received the same letter about the brake pedal sticking when hot, I have also noticed that mine sticks when driving regardless of the weather. As it is a recall, I am hoping the update resolves the issue and it should be free of charge, (but I wonder if they 'find' another issue and try to charge for it?)
Another diesel!! WTF is going on??

·
Registered
4 Posts
It just puts a light on the dashboard, does not fix the problem at all but I read on forum that someone had the pedal box replaced and had no problems after that , hope this help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have a 2016 diesel mokka and been having this problem for the last month, sticking brake pedal and car stalling when turning into road ends in front of traffic . Had the recall letter been done and all this does is puts a warning light on your dash . Read elsewhere that replacing the pedal box fixes the issue. The warning light will probably fail your car if going for an MOT mine comes on no matter what temperature

·
Banned
38 Posts
I too have a 2016 diesel mokka and been having this problem for the last month, sticking brake pedal and car stalling when turning into road ends in front of traffic . Had the recall letter been done and all this does is puts a warning light on your dash . Read elsewhere that replacing the pedal box fixes the issue. The warning light will probably fail your car if going for an MOT mine comes on no matter what temperature
If you read the recall letter in full, it advises you to visit a workshop for a repair if the warning message appears. This repair is free of charge, so probably the pedal box. But I am concerned that only diesel owners are being invited for this 'software' fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I took my (diesel) mokka in yesterday after receiving my letter... mines does exactly the same thing when sitting in the sun!. It is simply a software update they are doing and they do not sort the problem of the brakes sticking. We should not have to pay for a fault that Vauxhall evidently know about! I also now have the ESC light showing on my dashboard which Peter Vardy now want £60 to fix when it was them that caused it!!! I am livid! I cannot sell my car on as I couldn't live with myself if the person was to be in an accident due to the brakes. I am taking this further.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts