Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get an initial rear brake groan for the first few press of the pedal.
It's driving my dog mad - goes after the first couple brakes my friend has same thing on their mokka
Only done 6.5k so nothing worn.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts

·
Banned
899 Posts
My first Mokka 15 plate suffered from brake noise, the dealership changed
the dampers on the rear brakes, under warranty

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
When I wash my motor and leave it overnight a surface film of rust appears on the brake discs so consequently when I reverse off the drive the first brake application can be heard as the pads disperse the light surface rust from the brake discs

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same as Brother Leo I drive forward off the drive. No issues after first application of brakes

·
Banned
899 Posts
A lot suffered from brake noise, after the initial rust coating was removed on reversing
making the noise every time they reversed, so much so , Vauxhall changed the design
of rear caliper on the face lift X model.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
A lot suffered from brake noise, after the initial rust coating was removed on reversing
making the noise every time they reversed, so much so , Vauxhall changed the design
of rear caliper on the face lift X model.
It didn't work on ours, they regularly groan in reverse even after a run.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Its strange, how some are okay and some are not, my X was fine

Possibly down to the materials in the discs as we know they have iron in them as it has a high coefficient of friction but oxides in air quickly.

Ignoring the technicalities of all this just try stripping the brakes and lubricating the touching surfaces with the correct lubricants.

Ive cured noisy brakes on all my recent cars it might be just materials they use nowadays the massive 345's on the front on the Vectra used to make a right groan until i did this, and now the annoying Mokka has had its brakes done all round as i mentioned this to the tech doing the warranty work at the dealership and i can say after a days driving the brakes are way smoother than they were. So it proves the shims they now use that are coated rather than the old fashion lube method clearly doesn't work well.
Oh and those who know the Vectra C forum might know of Jaguser, i did the same to his rear brakes on his Insignia in the summer and it cured them too :tsurprise:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received my car back from the garage and they told me the rear brake caliper vibration damper is missing from both sides, this is the cause of the brake groan. I have replaced pads and discs twice before finding this out from another garage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had my Mokka 2.5 years now from new and had a groaning brake sound now and again , took it to the Croydon dealers and under warranty they fitted dampers on the calipers (i think thats what they said) and now after driving for a couple of weeks its sorted the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have owned my mokka x for around 3 weeks now and I'm very pleased with it. One thing I've noticed is that when braking I get a groaning noise from the rear passengers side wheel. The discs and pads are new so it's not worn out parts. I was wondering if it could be noisy until they discs and pads are bedded in.
I am going to take it in and get them checked out. But I thought I'd see if anyone has any other theories as to what the noise might be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts