Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 15 plate 1.4 Tech line (bought from new) and having just passed its MOT, I have been given advisory notes from Vauxhall that the front discs are "scored" and the rear discs are overheating. Both will need to be replaced when brake pads are replaced when required (currently still on original pads and well within limit so not a heavy braker!!) for a cost of £900 for both sets (plus pads and brake fluid). With just 41000 miles on the clock, I think this is pretty shoddy and wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It is shoddy, but unfortunately original discs across many marques are rubbish these days and wear out faster than the pads, presumably the rear brakes were not sticking on at the time of the test, but the cause of the overheating should really be investigated as a matter of urgency.

·
Banned
899 Posts
Rear brakes overheating, or squeaking in reverse, faulty caliper dampers, common fault !!
They fitted different calipers on the X

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vauxhall didn't seem too concerned with either problem saying that no point in changing either sets until brake pad change and will do a health check on the car in 3 months. Ive experienced no problems with brakes, no noise etc so will go with what they say unless something develops. I must say Im not overly impressed with reliability of the Mokka. My first ever car from new, having had 2nd hand or ex demo Cavaliers and Astras in the past.

Having already had a new water pump and now what looks like as much as £1000 on brakes for a car that's 4 years old and looked after doesn't fill me with any confidence for future purchases...Technology for you I guess

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Rear brakes overheating, or squeaking in reverse, faulty caliper dampers, common fault !!
They fitted different calipers on the X
Squeaking in reverse is nothing to worry about, brakes overheating from being stuck on can cause a catastrophic failure.

·
Banned
899 Posts
Since we picked up our Mokka, i noticed that load humming from the rear brakes when reversing. Luckily this thread was here to point me in the right direction!
Bought it up with a local dealer, who were well aware of the service bulletin and fitted a set of brake dampeners under warranty yesterday.
No more noise hopefully !
This might help your case, as it seems there is a service bulletin
out for the back brakes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I have a 15 plate 1.4 Tech line (bought from new) and having just passed its MOT, I have been given advisory notes from Vauxhall that the front discs are "scored" and the rear discs are overheating. Both will need to be replaced when brake pads are replaced when required (currently still on original pads and well within limit so not a heavy braker!!) for a cost of £900 for both sets (plus pads and brake fluid). With just 41000 miles on the clock, I think this is pretty shoddy and wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
I have had significant problems over 18 months with the brakes coming on only once the car has been on a journey over aprox 30 minutes ( car heats up ). Despite 6 garage visits - still unresolved. Do Vauxhall know there is an issue ? any advice really welcome. Joyce

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
My faith in Vauxhall dealers vanished ages ago when I was quoted nearly £900 for discs and pads -- total rip off merchants and since then all work done by my trusted independent garage who does work for a reasonable cost and I'm not being overcharged -- across the board Vauxhall "genuine" parts have over the last couple of years have shot up in cost and we seem to be in the "what can we get away with" priceing structure -- what a rip off

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
I have had significant problems over 18 months with the brakes coming on only once the car has been on a journey over aprox 30 minutes ( car heats up ). Despite 6 garage visits - still unresolved. Do Vauxhall know there is an issue ? any advice really welcome. Joyce
You omitted the age of the vehicle and whether the six visits were to the same dealership?
Providing your vehicle has been serviced through a Vauxhall Dealership, I would contact VCS with a detailed description of the fault(s), and complaint of the service provided. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts