Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby & I are debating how many suitcases you can get in the boot ! He won't even do a tail run as he says no chance of more than 2 ! I reckon with effort & folding one rear seat down 4 !
Has anyone as yet loaded cases into their mokka to give me an idea before I insist on a trial run please ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Perhaps I'm missing something, but won't it all depend on the size of the suitcase

·
Registered
264 Posts
If u can pack it in this about 20 i think lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If I get mine before the end May we'll be wondering if we can pack 4 large cases into it & 2 adults, 2 kids & assorted hand luggage...I'll definitely be doing what my dad did in the olden days & having a go with the empty cases to see whether we have to leave 1 or 2 kids behind. (Joking - or am I?)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I dont own any suitcases otherwise I would get some pics for you.

As said above it depends on the size of the suitcases. Leaving the seats as they are i reckon you would struggle to get 2 of the standard size plastic hard type cases in.

·
Registered
817 Posts
FX_Red said:
If u can pack it in this about 20 i think lol.

Ha ha fantastic.

Just add water when you get to your destination and it expands like those T shirts in a bag

·
Registered
335 Posts
Chokkamokka said:
If I get mine before the end May we'll be wondering if we can pack 4 large cases into it & 2 adults, 2 kids & assorted hand luggage...I'll definitely be doing what my dad did in the olden days & having a go with the empty cases to see whether we have to leave 1 or 2 kids behind. (Joking - or am I?)

We're the same but with 3 kids in the back !!
I think we will be using the roof box too !!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Boot space is really at a premium, there is only 2 of us and we easily fill it

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Findles I think your hubby is after you packing less.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DietCokeBloke said:
Findles I think your hubby is after you packing less.
No way ! I reduced last year & left the kitchen sink behind !!!

There has been so many funny answers here ..........size of case - good point, certainly bigger than that picture !

I think it will be a trial run when mr Findles is out !!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ditch the cases and use space saver bags . Also the under boot area can be utilised . With the ASX , if you remove all the polystyrene inserts , you can nearly double the boot space .

·
Registered
584 Posts
Get suitcases with wheels and lash them to the rear

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are just SO helpful !!! The useful tips just keep on coming
even hubby has had a chuckle with this one !!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Number Six said:
Ditch the cases and use space saver bags . Also the under boot area can be utilised . With the ASX , if you remove all the polystyrene inserts , you can nearly double the boot space .
Space saver bags ... Great idea for kids when we go camping ;)
Not sure about on flights though, might get a few looks

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you are having a tow bar , you could consider a storage box that mounts on there , that should add another 400l of space if you don't want the hassle of a trailer all the time .

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hire a truck to courier your bits and pieces

·
Registered
185 Posts
After getting the Mokka last week I thought "no way will the 3 big cases for holiday fit in the boot". So I tried them (empty cases) this morning & they fitted no problem. I just took the parcel shelf out. and there's room for another bag on top plus the space on the floor in the back between the kids for hand luggage.

I'm v surprised - that boot's bigger than it looks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts