Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first issue this week., 3 months old and 10k
Driving down the road and the display kept going off telling me the bonnet was open, sooooo annoying all the beeping all the time and of course it was setting off the alarm too

went to the dealer on the off chance they could have a quick look on Tuesday. They weren't sure as it goes through 2 ECU's but ordered a new catch just in case.

Went back in Friday fitted a new catch(the sensor is in the catch) and hey presto no more error messages and sorted.

Just strange how that failed, not like it is regularly used, only pen once a month if that.

Just one issue to sort with the DAB radio as it is constantly buzzing in and out like its trying to catch a signal driving or stationary, which is strange as the wife's CD450 DAB is fine

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hi willc01. Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm pleased they sorted the bonnet lock for you. I find that the DAB signal around Morpeth is poor, and the signal keeps dropping out. By sounds of it, yours is something more than that. Hopefully they will sort that out for you too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Need some solutions:

1) couple weeks ago a warning sign came up on the dash telling me the bonnet was open with a beeping sound, I opened and closed the bonnet, however still no change and keeps happening whilst driving and is quite frustrating with the constant beeping.

2) randomly the alarm keeps going off, if you press the key fob once if will go off, if you press the key fob twice if will go off and finally if you leave the car completely unlocked it will also go off randomly.

Any help or advice will be appreciated, thanks 🙏🏽

·
Registered
82 Posts
?=You have probably owned a Mokka for some time. Decided , or have not looked, to join this forum while times are good. Now you have a problem, would like to know the answer, never to be seen again. Not me. ?. Easy fix. ?. How dare you just put ?!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
?=You have probably owned a Mokka for some time. Decided , or have not looked, to join this forum while times are good. Now you have a problem, would like to know the answer, never to be seen again. Not me. ?. Easy fix. ?.
Same in most forums unfortunatly, the forum police will get you as aparently on a forum for cars your supposed to explain in detial what words mean how it all works etc rather than the person learning themselves and typing in google or actually learning engineering practices. Joke on joke though is the fault code telling you whats wrong and the thread its been merged with itself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dog_Book, I think you are the only person who runs the intelligence on this site. Well done. I will challenge any ridiculous statements.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi all,

Need some solutions:

1) couple weeks ago a warning sign came up on the dash telling me the bonnet was open with a beeping sound, I opened and closed the bonnet, however still no change and keeps happening whilst driving and is quite frustrating with the constant beeping.

2) randomly the alarm keeps going off, if you press the key fob once if will go off, if you press the key fob twice if will go off and finally if you leave the car completely unlocked it will also go off randomly.

Any help or advice will be appreciated, thanks 🙏🏽
Have a look through this lot, there is a well known fault with the bonnet switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
?=You have probably owned a Mokka for some time. Decided , or have not looked, to join this forum while times are good. Now you have a problem, would like to know the answer, never to be seen again. Not me. ?. Easy fix. ?. How dare you just put ?!!
sorry Fred7 have I said something to upset you as you seem to have some attitude, if your willing to help please do so if not have a great day 👍🏽

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
This thread has wandered off topic so will members please keep to the title heading as all future non title comments will be deleted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts