Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldnt wait to show you all my baby so took the office camera out with me!!!

Theshot below shows the fabric lighter than it actually is...

·
Registered
151 Posts
very very nice !!.......

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Looking good Glassy.
Mine was a toss up between the blue or the red, but the red won the day. Got a bit of a wait yet though.
Any review coming from you soon or have I missed one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
is it just my eyesight or is your aerial missing ? Edited by: gmcl01

·
Registered
494 Posts
Cheers Glassy, that's very nice dude. Looking forward to the Glassy's Guide Review!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did post this on the My Mokka Reveiw Thread as some other had also done that but here is what i wrote -

Just got introduced to my ""Blue Belle""� and I am in love!!!
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><?: PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
She came with 73 miles on her clock and other than ""glowing""� (as a lady doesn't sweat!!) she was a vision of loveliness!!!!!!!!
We went for our first drive ""to seal the bond""� (Avatar reference if you missed it
) and she didn't disappoint!!<O:p></O:p>
I didn't feel any ""floatyness""� but rather a luxurious wafting as we journeyed over the numerous speed bumps and potholes and even took a chance driving down a road that could have been the venue for Dancing On Ice!!! She coped majestically!!! Sure footed and at no point did I feel her let go of the ground!! So much for trying to sweep her off her feet!!!
As soon as I was on a wet only road and had the space I thought I would see what she could do and I was not disappointed!!! Up went the petticoat and off we sped at a surprising number of knots!!! Really looking forward to getting her on the 12 mile motorway stretch home!!!
The Bluetooth was synced and up and running in seconds and the music streamed from my iPhone 5 with crystal clarity which was extremely impressive!!!
The other controls for the radio etc""¦ seemed well organised, logical and in any easy to use format""¦to me anyway. Quite like a phone with the home style button in the middle and a ""Back""� button on the side. It was also pretty obvious what and when you needed to use the main wheel around the big navigation button for. All the knobs any buttons look the business with the chrome borders and good quality materials that have been used and they feel really solid and responsive to the touch when twisted, pushed, pulled or flicked.
The ride height is such a refreshing change from being in my Astra Twintop and I look forward to getting the kids in the back and testing out the leg room they have so they don't kick me in the back all the BLOODY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down Glassy!!! Breath!!!!! Phewwwwww""¦""¦""¦.

The Start/Stop kicked in a few times and almost didn't notice it which I am very pleased about as I thought it would be an annoyance but I hope it is something that just happens to suit my driving style""¦ time will tell""¦.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p>
</O:p>
The interior styling for me is exactly what I like palette-wise (although leather would have been nice but not possible ""“ Company Car) Black, grey and chrome and although I am used to leather in my current car sitting on the Jet Line fabric was warmer and very comfortable. The only thing that bothered mea bit is the position of the arm rest as it feels to close, but then again if I lost a couple of stones it probably would be just right!!!!
I managed to get her into the garage although as I pre-empted I did have to remove the aerial to do so, so I will be getting a shorter replacement just not sure if chrome or black""¦?
As we drew into the garage and the outside light grew dimmer her dash came to life, as I had been told it would (and saw a pic) and it truly looked stunning!!! It should look even better when I drive home in the dark!!!
I'm also looking forward to getting to grips with the Cruise Control which my wife's Honda Civic has and I really like and need for my motorway driving""¦ particularly the speed limiter!!!
The mpg will be kept a close eye on as I am hoping & expecting to get twice the distance I was, which should then be about 56 to 60 mpg which I think should be possible on a 40 mile round trip a day with 25 of them being on the motorway.
All-in-all so far (and its extremely early days!!!) I am as happy as""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing i would add to the above (as i forgot)was about the noise levelwhich was actually not even noticed until i put my foot down and even then it was a very nice burble!!!Much better that the diesels of old though.

Im also loving the shape of the gear stick (ooh err
!!) as it fits really nicely in the palm and fingers.

Everything else is still amazing and i am extremly happy

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gmcl01 - How very observant of you!!!

I have removed it as i have to park her in a garage thats just a bit to low. Waiting for the short one to arrive...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice, will comment in the correct thread. Don't want LS reigning down on me eh????

·
Registered
494 Posts
You are omnipresent

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks great Glassy.

Is the sat nav charger plugged into the USB?

How do you find the radioreception without having the ariel plugged in at the momment?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Hads,
No i am using the USB for my iphone connection to charge and use as an ipod and the lighter type socketfor the Satnav.

The radio is actually still perfect with DAB but FM isnt so great but i did notice a setting that allowed the combining of DAB and FM which i assume means that if there is a DAB counterpart of the FM signal it will use the better signal which will of course be DAB....correct me if im wrong though pls

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good Glassy
I got a long wait to get mine looks like June.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Glassy, DAFT QUESTION I KNOW!!!!! but do you get any USB connectors with the car and if not, does your standard Apple issue USB/21 Pin/Tunderbolt connector work?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Great pics Glassy,no matter which angle you look at her, she looks very nice indeed.
Just be careful not to scuff those alloys on that kerb!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bandage_Boy,

iPhone 5 thunderbolt cable does work, it even charges your phone.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kirby - Thanks!!! I am so worried about doing that i cant tell you!!!!!!!!!

BB - I did not get any cables with the car andas MrMayo said the USB to LIGHTNING cable charges the phone and also uses your phoneas an iPod. I am sure that the previous incarnation of the 30pin cable would do the same. Streaming with BT (Bluetooth) as the system calls it (which is taking some getting used too) is also extremly impressive as the quality is superb!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice One GlassyCan't wait to get mine now (due 12/04/13) mine is a Company car so will watch in anticipation on the MPG reports : )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts