Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Either the turbo oil seal has gone, excess oil leaking through the turbo, therugh the engine and out the exhaust or else the CVC crankcase breather diaphragm/valve on the camshaft cover leaking causing the same. Excess fuel can also cause black exhaust but doesn't usually leave a wet residue like that unless the car was only doing very short runs.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I have a mokka 1.4 turbo automatic with 43k full vauxhall history. I have black staining on the tip of the exhaust pipe. Is this anything to worry about.
If you still have your last MOT exhaust printout what was the HC reading? But as above if you do a lot of short runs have a look what its like after a longer run, say 20 miles or more, the inside of the tailpipe should be light grey. Not sure if everybody gets the exhaust analysis readout these days, I always ask for it.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Have you tried cleaning it? If it's not causing any problems “One day you’ll look back and realise that you worried too much about things that didn’t really matter" hopefully. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned it about 4 weeks ago and it's back again. Yes I do quite a lot of short trips but longer ones too. Car passed its mot in September with no advisories I don't have the emissions print out. It had a service by vauxhall two weeks ago and they said nothing about it.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Just had a look on the www and practically every mark with a turbo has highlighted soot in the exhaust outlet.

What causes black soot on exhaust tip?
"If you consistently drive short trips, where the engine doesn't have a chance to warm up completely, or if this is a condition during winter weather when the engine intentionally runs with a richer fuel mixture, some black soot will accumulate on the tailpipe".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts