Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mokka has the Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) incorporating bi-xenon headlights with dynamic beam levelling.

Can these lights be manualy adjusted by a dealership? The reason I ask
is because when driving at night nearly every car coming towards me
flashes me, I presume it's because the beam is too high and dazzling
oncomers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Niner, have a read of the 39 pages in the Main Message Centre under 'AFL's'. If you've got a laptop take it to bed with you, it's all fascinating reading!

·
Registered
45 Posts
main message forum1.6 SE Mokka: AFL Problems! 39 pages...25000+ views you will soon get the jist and good luck your afl journey is just beginning.

owned my mokka se17 days
at garage with afl problem 12 days Edited by: Karle

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MICAH said:
Niner, have a read of the 39 pages in the Main Message Centre under 'AFL's'. If you've got a laptop take it to bed with you, it's all fascinating reading!
Oh, cant wait, will get my wellies on and wade through later

·
Registered
767 Posts
Niner said:
My Mokka has the Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) incorporating bi-xenon headlights with dynamic beam levelling.

Can these lights be manualy adjusted by a dealership? The reason I ask
is because when driving at night nearly every car coming towards me
flashes me, I presume it's because the beam is too high and dazzling
oncomers.
In a word "Yes". Or you can have a go yourself like warrenc did.

warrenc said:
I'm not sure how it really works either, but i'm assuming there are sensors which work out the angle of the car and a computer uses this angle and tells the lights what to do - in this case 'bounce up and down quickly'. If that's the case, then it should be possible for it to tell the lights to 'gently move up and down'

I had no chance of getting to a dealer to get it sorted before I drove home so had to sort it myself in case I caused a crash. Here's some pics to help:

Drivers side headlight:

The adjuster for vertical aim is on the left. I didn't alter the one on the right (which needs a long screwdriver through the panel above) I'm guessing its for horizontal aim but don't take that as gospel as I don't know.

Passengers side:

The white thing right in the middle of the shot is the vertical adjustment

I parked about 3-4m from a wall and used a phillips screwdriver to lower the beams about an inch and all is well now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, I have seen the post and done the 39 pages!

Im not going to fiddle with it myself.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Niner

If you are blinding other drivers and can't get to a dealer soon then it's dead easy just to drop the lights a bit. The pattern won't be right but it's better than being dangerous. I did mine in a hotel car park in Cardiff and they were fine until I could get it into a dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts