Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a 1.4 SE that comes with the xenon lights. Can anyone who has these let me know if they are a blue/white light or just white?

Also is the whole light this colour? Ie the DRL and side lights the same colour?

Are they worth all the hype you hear about them?

·
Registered
208 Posts
They will be 4000k Bulbs as this is standard if you want blue'er then you need togo higher like 6000k or even 8000k temp! You can upgrade the HID Bi-Xenons bulb but don't ask dealer they will quote about £150 a bulb... All Bi-xenons bulbs are like normal they have a certain model number find that and you can search the www and find the correct type bulb, All Bi-Xenons run at 35w and use about 20.000volts to kick them over for about 1milli sec then drop toabout 35-85 volts i think 48v...

But they will light up blue at first then fade to a white light like a flourescent tube colour.

DRL will be a nice yellow colour

Craig

·
Registered
313 Posts
DRL's with the afl's afaik are LED esque so white/blue ish. I vaguely remember checking that with the one I test drove as yellow bulbs annoy the hell out of me lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wonder if the drl's out of the se will work OK in standard headlight unit...

·
Registered
313 Posts
probably similar fitment, but cheaper bulbs will be able to be had onfleabay

Check the bulb thread for fitment ;)
Edited by: Andy_H

·
Registered
208 Posts
True but it is whether they bring up a failed bulb on dash... the vauxhall ones wont

1 - 7 of 7 Posts