Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
A battery that goes flat quickly and charges quickly has lost much of its capacity and is usually at the end of its life.

·
Super Moderator
9,947 Posts
Access Transport Mode...Click

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has your car had a new battery fitted by the previous owner, or since it was made in 2014 ??
If not, that's the first thing to do
Thanks but I have had a new battery fitted (top of the range from Halfords) over a year ago, since it started this problem.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
But recently three days standing and it is flat. It only takes 5 hours to fully charge. over a year ago isn't recently, what is the the full story behind this problem?

·
Super Moderator
9,947 Posts
A one year old battery going flat, obviously a drain somewhere or a faulty battery.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
A one year old battery going flat, obviously a drain somewhere or a faulty battery.
That's why I asked about the full story rather than get it in bits, it's certainly not unknown for a battery to be faulty within a short time, getting it tested would be the first step, but ideally somewhere other than the supplier, who has an interest in declaring it in good order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can put the car into "Transport Mode".

Transport Mode reduces the electrical load on the battery when the vehicle is parked to prolong battery stand time. When enabled, the red battery indicator light on the instrument cluster will flash and the Driver Information Centre will display a Transport Mode On message.
Are you able to say how transport mode is turned on. I have looked at my hand book but can't find any reference. Thanks, John

·
Super Moderator
9,947 Posts
I imagined post 22 had disappeared! :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to use but I thought id share the issues I have had with my mokka 1.7 tdi 2014 pate

Evans Halshaw have had it in their garage for over a week now after I kept getting error codes 84 & 89 and lost of power. It would only start intermittently. They replaced the battery and said that it was this so all fixed but when I went to pick up the car, it stopped working again with the same error codes. I wasn't happy so after another few days in the garage, they said that the starter motor is draining the power and causing the battery to be low all the time. Now i have to wait 5-7 days for the genuine part to be sent over from Germany.

I just hope this helps you guys rather like me having to go two weeks without a family and work car.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts