Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought our Mokka from new 5 years ago. It has been back in the garage every year as the battery drains flat if it has been left standing for 2 weeks or more. Garage can't find the fault , have replaced 2 batteries to see if that makes a difference but it hasn't.
This time the car has been back with the dealer for over 3 months, they have agreed that there is something draining the battery but can't find what. Vauxhall customer service have been involved and their Technical department in Luton have given the garage advice. Because they can't find the drain Customer service has rang to ask me to pick the car up as no fault has been found with it. They have told me to refer to the manual that says that if the car is left standing for 4 weeks or more to disconnect the battery.
The garage in fairness are saying that they don't know what to do next as they have asked for help from Technical and been told nothing more to test.
Customer service have been rude and useless. Can't believe new cars are being sold that you have to discount the battery when going on holiday for a month.
I'm at a loss as what to do next

·
Super Moderator
3,459 Posts
Hi Liz, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the problem your having with your Mokka. In all the years on the forum, I don't think I've come across this. I'm sure someone will come up with a possible solution. I take it that you've checked the obvious, like disconnecting iPods or similar, which might cause the drain?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes nothing connected in the car. And the garage can't come up with a solution. It's very frustrating as we bought a top of the range Mokka . We go away for 2 weeks and on return everyone else's car starts ; of which they are all a lot older than ours, and we have to use one of theirs to jump start ours .

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can put the car into "Transport Mode".

Transport Mode reduces the electrical load on the battery when the vehicle is parked to prolong battery stand time. When enabled, the red battery indicator light on the instrument cluster will flash and the Driver Information Centre will display a Transport Mode On message.

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
I would have a look from start to finish (15 minutes) at this video as its excellent advice and if you are able, put it into practise. You obviously have a drain and its coming from somewhere.
Other than that, I would find a competent car electrician to sort it. Good luck. Click

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you . The car has been in the garage for 3 months I will ask 5hem about what you have suggested.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had the same ona Mk5 Astra which eventually killed the alternator. Wish i'd seen that video while I still had it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got new Mokka X in September all well until 30 /12/19 after Christmas break mokka sat drive 6 days !!!! No go flat battery RAC came out and started Mokka couldn’t find any faults, 16/01/20 Mokka not moved from drive for 6days !!!
again same story took RAC five hours to get to me to be told the same things ,Mokka going to dealership on Monday hopefully to see what they can find

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
New to the site? Please introduce yourself here. **Please note, this section isn't for questions. INTROS ONLY.
This thread will shortly be merged with an appropriate thread.

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
Thread now merged.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Why did you not start it every day if it when flat last time .then you would not have had to wait .did you not have a battery charger to hand .if the alarm was on could that have drained it or the boot light not gone off .before being stood for a week has it been used on short journeys and fully charged the battery before it was stood for a week .did you fully charge the battery after rac got it going the first time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why did you not start it every day if it when flat last time .then you would not have had to wait .did you not have a battery charger to hand .if the alarm was on could that have drained it or the boot light not gone off .before being stood for a week has it been used on short journeys and fully charged the battery before it was stood for a week .did you fully charge the battery after rac got it going the first time
Because we were away and the car had a good run before it was sat for six days

·
Registered
862 Posts
If it is doing short runs and stop start is in continual use, it will have a detrimental effect
on the battery, especially in cold weather, which kills battery's, my window cleaner
bought a new van 12 months ago, and his battery went, he was told it was continual
stop starting, as for the first post, a battery on a 2014 Mokka, time for replacement
New Battery's vary in quality, as i found with a new one i bought last September
for my Bike it went flat twice in two months, took it back and replaced, not been
a problem since !!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
When you say, a good run, how many miles was that? With lights on, radio, heater, stop/start working? Takes about 20 to 30 minutes of driving just to recharge what it took to start the car. A quick nip to the shops will see me start and stop the car four times in ten minutes. If I did not put my battery on a charger it would soon be drained.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Totally agree, an alternator will only give maximum output above a certain revs, and
also if you take above taken in to consideration, and winter, it takes it's toll, especially
if a faulty or sub standard battery is fitted, and that you don't know, until you test it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have a look from start to finish (15 minutes) at this video as its excellent advice and if you are able, put it into practise. You obviously have a drain and its coming from somewhere.
Other than that, I would find a competent car electrician to sort it. Good luck. Click
Sorry, but could you send the URL for the video. Our Mokka is 2014 1.4 petrol turbo which we bought second hand in Cheltenham in December 2016. We only do 2,800 miles a year on the Isle of Wight. But recently three days standing and it is flat. It only takes 5 hours to fully charge. We do short journeys and I thought that it was our fault. I would like to see the video and will find out how to put it in 'transport' mode. I just wanted to be added to the, what appears to be a very long, list so that Vauxhall might come up with a solution for all their customers who probably wont go Vauxhall next time. John Beattie Ryde Isle of Wight

·
Registered
862 Posts
Has your car had a new battery fitted by the previous owner, or since it was made in 2014 ??
If not, that's the first thing to do

1 - 20 of 34 Posts