Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 weeks ago when I bought my new Mokka the Autostop function worked fine.Since purchase I now have 700 miles on the clock.2 days ago I noticed the Autostop function was not engaging when I was stopped,out of gear and waiting to move off.
Reading the manual I totally understand the criteria for Autostop operation to kick in.Charged battery,warm engine,air con operation,all take priority and will inhibit the autostop function.
I also know that Autostop wont function when travelling long distances with occassional stops.

My question is that during the running in period is it normal for the AutostopEcofunction to stop working intermT*Tantlyafter a period of being fineor do I have a problem that needs attention?
Any other ownersexperiences would be welcome.

1.4 Exclusiv 4*4 T Boracay Blue

·
Registered
506 Posts
If the "problem" has only appeared during the last few days, maybe it's weather related. The aircon in mine is working quite hard to cool the car, and when the stop/start function kicks in the fan speed drops to save power. but on a couple of occasions has then restarted automatically, presumably because of the drain on the battery. Maybe your isn't switching off at all due to the anticipated battery drain. Maybe switch the aircon off and see how it behaves or go for a drive in the evening when the weather is much cooler?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Was out in mine yesterday and the auto stop/start was working fine as it had done since I got the car a week ago. Later I noticed that it didn't kick in as I expected it. I noticed that my fan was on at stage 1 to help cool the car. I switched this off and the auto stop/start started working again. I think that any change where you start to you use more electrical power will cause it not to work. I will be keeping tabs on it to see how it performs over time.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As I stated before for start stop to work properly you have to have everything on auto, auto lights, auto wipers etc if I turn climate off and run fan manual my auto start stop does not kick in

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies folks.. Once everthing on Auto then it kicks in (turns in car cooling off while it does mind)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Had my fan in manual yesterday as the climate in auto was blowing a gale. Car still auto stopped though

·
Registered
113 Posts
Autostop always seems to work in ours- only thing stops it is when cold and when Ac on

·
Registered
584 Posts
I havent goT*T on an auto, never really thought itwas safe having potential to cut out crossing ajunction etc

·
Registered
767 Posts
jcol said:
I havent goT*T on an auto, never really thought itwas safe having potential to cut out crossing ajunction etc
It is only meant to have a chance towork when in neutral & with the clutch released.So in anygearor with theclutch down it won't work regardless of whatever else is going on with AC & lights etc. So crossing a junction providedanyone isnot free wheeling over it out of gear it should not activate.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Flat Eric said:
... providedanyone isnot free wheeling over it out of gear it should not activate.
That caught me out. Stream of stationary cars ahead at traffic lights, slowed, came up behind and slipped car into neutral to roll up the last few feet - engine stopped
. Haven't done it again! It did make me think though that the ECU should do one more check before the autostop and that is that the wheels aren't turning. I do however accept that it was my sloppy driving that caused the problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed the same thing the other day, but I left the heated rear screen on. While stopped turned the heated screen off and auto stop worked. Turned heated screen back on and by magic the car started all by its self.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts