Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Auto lights lindicator

30K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  Chatman 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I was hoping someone could answer this. I got my new Mokka a couple of days ago. On the first two days at night (SE mokka with lights in autoposition) I would get the green side lightssymbolon the dash and also a green headlight symbol with an A in it (no ref to this in the Manual!!!) This morning only the side light symbol is is showing (even though pitch black outside when I set off though heads are on ) Lights deff in autoposition... worried there may be a problem with the Auto leveling orsomething. On the orangecenterledpanelit deff says auto on when I flick the dial .

Any Ideas?

#8 ·
Probably not,

The lights have to be sensitive as they should auto dip when you say come around a bend and there is a car in front, who has just pulled out of a side turning.

So if, as mine do, they dip to prevent dazzling the driver in front, they are sensitive enough to work off his rear light cluster you can't make them less sensitive?

They are really good for the sort of country lanes / roads with very little housing etc.

Ken Edited by: Madone

#11 ·
I have to say that I don't use the auto on country roads. It doesn't work on cars coming from left hand bends, over the brow of hills when you are lower than them, and quite a few other situations.

#12 ·
I am surprised by how well the auto high / low beam works.
Haven't been flashed by any oncoming cars, and it dips at just the right moment.
Only use it on country roads though, because in town I sometimes want to use the
high beam even when there is some surrounding lights.

Edited by: Gooli

#13 ·
Gooli said:
Haven't been flashed by any oncoming cars, and it dips at just the right moment.
Only use it on country roads though, because in town I sometimes want to use the
Mine quite often stays on High beam with street lights on but does react to other vehicle's lights.

Why does the country roads hyperlink take you to Sears International shopping? Is this an advertising gimmick?

#14 ·
Jean-Luc said:
Gooli said:
Mine quite often stays on High beam with street lights on but does react to other vehicle's lights.

Why does the country roads hyperlink take you to Sears International shopping? Is this an advertising gimmick?

The country road hyperlink does not show on my computer?

#15 ·
Mine neither!

#19 ·
Has anyone come across not being able to switch off the high beam assist. I was chatting to a Mokka owner, who had this happen, together with the auto lights not working, ie having to switch the lights on manually. Anyone else come across this. A job for the dealer I would think.

#20 ·
I trust you told him our Forum Members could sort it?

#22 ·
Had my mokka from April and the auto lights been working fine but now I get 2 small green images on dash where as before it used to just be one. The new one seems to be a green light with the letter a next to it. Never showed up until last few days anyone know what it is and why it's just showed up now all of a sudden Edited by: Duffy86

#23 ·
It's headlight assist, which will, on occasions, dip the lights for you when a car approaches, or you come up behind one on an unlit road, and then put it back to main beam, when the road is clear. To switch it off, push the indicator stalk towards the dashboard twice, to activate it, do the same. It depends on the type of roads you travel on, as to how effective it works. If you use the search facility, there's lots of info on it

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.