Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Mokka X Design Nav 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of the auto lights?

They seem to be on all the time, even on a bright day if the sun is behind me then the lights come on and seem to stay on until I drive towards the sun.

I'd be happy to disable the feature altogether if this was an option.

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
262 Posts
Nope - but have you tried cleaning the sensor? If may help but turning the auto too 'off' is often the only way.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is the sensor behind the rear view mirror?
Yes in the recess. Personally I think thats the problem, the recess is too deep and light struggles to hit the sensor. Keeping it free from dust will help but not a lot.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes in the recess. Personally I think thats the problem, the recess is too deep and light struggles to hit the sensor. Keeping it free from dust will help but not a lot.
Number 4 is the ambient light and rain sensor.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems that turning off the auto function is my only option. The only issue with that is the infotainment and dash still acts as if the auto lights are on. They switch between night and day mode as if the head lights are coming on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If the auto lights have come on and I turn them off my dash and display lights return to full brightness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the auto lights have come on and I turn them off my dash and display lights return to full brightness.
Something odd with mine then, when I turn auto lights off the infotainment stays in night mode and the dash lights and lights around the heater controls stay on.

·
Registered
262 Posts
they will as they assume it is 'daylight' so will offer full brightness.

Number 4 is the ambient light and rain sensor.
Picture below to show where the sensor is placed behind the drivers mirror:-

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's the camera sensor for the auto dip/main.
It senses street lights and oncoming cars.
The ambient light sensor for auto lights on is stuck to the screen under the plastic cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they will as they assume it is 'daylight' so will offer full brightness.
If I switch the auto headlight function off the headlights turn off and stay off as expected, but the dash lights (heater controls etc) still switch on and off as they would with auto lights turned on and the infotainment flicks between day and night mode.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts