Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supermini-sized crossover models are a recent phenomenon and the Vauxhall Mokka is the best of the bunch. Its chunky looks strike the right tone and unlike the Nissan Juke, which only comes with 4WD in top-of-the-range trim, the 4x4 Vauxhall is available with a wider range of engine options and trim levels.

Steer clear of the petrol models ""“ the entry-level 1.6 is short on power and the 1.4 Turbo is noisy ""“ and aim for the gutsy 128bhp 1.7 CDTi. It isn't especially refined, but features like stop-start help to restrict CO2 emissions to 129g/km and raise the prospect of 50mpg motoring.

Competent driving dynamics ensure it won't disappoint on the road, while a modest 356-litre boot and spacious rear seats make the Mokka the most practical supermini 4x4 in the business.

The Vauxhall pricing strategy is arguably its biggest drawback, as the chunky crossover model doesn't come cheap and is almost on a par with some of the larger models in this list.

Read more: www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/mokka/62320/10-vauxhall-mokka#ixzz2IETgC1n3
Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thats me sorted then.....
Took home the exclusive 1.7CDTi 4x4 misty lake this week and i'm enjoying every moment driving it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picking mine up tomorrow. If I wanted aLand-roverFreelander black and white I would have got one... to big for town driving and parking..fuelconsumption rubbish.... same goes for all the larger 4X4s..The reason I went for the mokka
Good mid size
1.7 goodfuelfigures
flat load space with seats down (that ruled out the Duster and Juke) so can shift loads of stuff
Nice interior trim on the SE
10 yearwarranty
Lower insurance costs than even my ten year old xtrail !!! by a third !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can't believe so many reviews compare the Mokka to the Skoda Yeti. The Yeti looks like a glorified van to me, no style at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree i never even considered the yeti or qashqai,i was looking at hatchbacks and saw the mokka being a bit different to the ones i was looking at for similar money.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree the yeti looks like a van! - its horrible.

I too considered many different 4x4's before ordering a mokka, and like others it was the 0% finance, high mpg, low insurance, low tax and overall good looks which persuaded me to order one.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Must admit that when I first saw the mokka in the press I knew it was the one for me with the spec that it had, the price point and the nought percent finance.
It was by far the more stylish when looking at any of the available options, the yeti is as others have said more like a van even if it is more capable. I thought about holding off to see what the new skoda 4x4 (based on the vw tiguan) but that will not be out for another year and I wanted a purchase before then. I am also sure that being more of a full size 4x4 it will be more expensive and also not as frugal in the economy stakes. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can keep new Land Rover`s and Merc`s I`ve had them both. I have ordered the 1.4 SE in Royal Blue (as I love that colour)I will never deal with Land Rover ever again and for Merc`s yes I would as I have never really had an problems But, the Mokka beats themin my opinion for looks, options and Vauxhall have always been nice to deal with. My wifes 1.4 (2006) Tigra has never let her down, so the turbo might be noisy!the interiorsvery comfortable. Cannot wait to pick mine up next month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts