Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from their 24th December review.....

Yet despite these gripes, practicality is actually one of the Mokka's greatest strengths.
At over 4.2 metres long, it's almost the same size as the Nissan Qashqai , so there is easily enough head and legroom for even taller adults in the back.

So basically then, they drove a Mokka coming in at 13ft 9"... a stretched Mokka?

Full review can be found here

·
Registered
169 Posts
Official figures show that:-
Length of Mokka is 4.278 metres
Length of Qashqui is 4.330 metres
So Qashqui is 0.052 metres longer

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah that's how I read the figures and I'm sure they're right, someone go measure their Mokka! Which is higher?
Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
296 Posts
Its ok LS... im generally pretty good with dimensions but when you think of a car being over 4 meters long it does seem alot bigger than it seems...i always thought 6 inches was the same as a foot!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the same problem exept i HAVE to parki it in a garage for work as its only residents parking or yellow lineseverywhere else!!

Its not the width or lenght as they are similar to my existing car but the height!!! Its not even the height of the Mokka alone just the Aerial......

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had planned my garage out ages ago making just enough room for me to drive it straight in and put it to bed on its first night at home lol. also tried fitting an old astrain so i know that the size fits with the door shut.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
hads123456789 said:
I had planned my garage out ages ago making just enough room for me to drive it straight in and put it to bed on its first night at home lol. also tried fitting an old astrain so i know that the size fits with the door shut.

If it's a swing door remember about the height difference with the Mokka, you wouldn't want to swing it down and catch it or the aerial.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My garage is a swing door but i always reverse in which is also why i think the aeriel will get damaged as it will be bending the wrong way as i reverse in!!!

I have found stubby replacement aerials but doubt i will get the same quality of signal...not sure though and this may be my only option anyway other than unscrewing it everytime!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Now I'd imagine that the DMB aerial will be part of the housing rather than the aerial itself but I wonder if there's anything special about the Mokka's aerial.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That would be great if the whip part doesnt actually do anythingthen i dont have to worry about putting a stubby one on!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I didnt even notice the Mokka's aerial, but most of the newer vauxhalls with digital related radio have sharkfin or similar aerials.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just be carefull when you have any of these, and then decide to put on mokka through a car wash! Had one on the astra it kept getting knocked, so before going into a car wash had to remember to unscrew it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ooh aerials.... I am a geeky ham radio person so I know a lot about aerials etc. It will be a matter of try it and see on changing aerial. All radio frequencies nd antennas are calculated together. So 97.0mhz is in the what we call 2meter band so you need an antenna about 2m full wave or 1m half wave etc.. but more coils the short it will be but coils make it thinks its bigger when it isn't, but as the mokkas radio only receive and not transmit chuck it out the window and have a play...

Craig

1 - 20 of 22 Posts