Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An article on the Buick Encore (which might look a bit familiar to you) http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130123/AUTO0103/301230322

..... in it they say that it is only built inBupyeong, South Korea and the demand is six times the estimate so far. I'm guessing this and the Chevy Trax might be the reason why there are so many delays, it's not just the the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka that will be contending for places on the manufacturing lines.

Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice find
- but not at all sure what planet GM Buick are on if they think it's in the same class a a BMW X1 (or even the VW Tiguan)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Doesn't actually say that it the Buick encore is in the same class as the BMW X1 or Vw Tiguan but that it is expected to compete with them. It may well be that many will downsize slightly which is where the Encore may come into its own sales wise. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I saw one reviewer who said he loved the fact that he could sneak up the side of a bus which was impinging into his lane while the Dodge SUV behind couldn't follow him and was forced to wait. I also saw a reviewer who was complaining about the size of the seats. They make them bigger (not the car) over there.

In short they think its generously specced but the 1.4 (in both fwd and AWD) is a bit weedy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts