Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Another new forum member thats been browsing the site for 3 weeks.

The story so far.....

We ordered a Boracay Blue 1.7 cdti SE 2WD with no further options on 02 September through our local dealer and have been waiting impatiently ever since.

This wil be our 4th Vauxhall after 2 Insignia Sports tourers and a 10 plate Astra Elite. The Mokka is taking the place of the Astra as we are handing this back ideally before Christmas. Still have a 12 plate Insignia SRI ST Red Nav 2.0 diesel and am really pleased with it. Was considering another Astra Elite but the standard kit on the Mokka SE made the decision a no brainer.

Service from local EH dealer has this time been absolutely dreadful as we are currently on our 4th salesperson since ordering. Can't help thinking I know more about the Vauxhall product than he does!! Have considered cancelling, but the deal we got was outstanding (partners disc and 0% over 5 years) and no other dealer could get anywhere near it

Anyway thanks to various postings on this forum re tracking website we too are members of the 11th Jan delivery club. Due to dreadful dealer communication, I've contacted Vauxhall CS direct several times and found out that it's due in port on 19th Dec but unlikely to be with the dealer until after Christmas.For a standard car the wait seems ridiculous especially when others ordered on the Big Event weekend and have collected their cars since with £500 worth of free fuel as well. May contact CS again and try my luck with that argument

I've also been given assurances by e-mail from Vauxhall PR Manager that the car will have the modified suspension and steering mods.On a further positive note we have been given a 1/2 hour test drive of a 1.7 diesel exclusive and over various road types, ie twisty country roads, motorway etc found the car to be absolutely fantastic with quiet cruising at 80mph on motorway and very good turn in on the bends - nothing like what appeared in the press. The ride was firm with no body roll. Only one thing I found the 130 bhp 1.7 diesel slightly sluggish in comparison to my Insignias 160 bhp 2.0 diesel but it's got 9k on the clock as opposed to 50 on the Mokka.

Noted on the forum about issues with the AFL headlights. Are the daytime running lights with the AFLs LEDs?

Has anyone got the space saver spare tyre without asking for it? Local dealer said the supply of emergency kits were slow and that spare tyres were going in instead. Chances are that's absolute nonsense as he was probably trying to get into our good books. Just wait for the post sale questionnaire.

Sorry about the novel but look forward to responses once you all wake up!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum MrAT. I've had a good deal from EH before and then suffered from bad service, from sales selling the car they sold me to someone else and trying to fob me off, missing dates, not supplying me with the additional kit they had promised making me have to come back and then having various run ins with the service department - apparently telling them I will come in at 8am and be there till its done does not consist a waiting service.

Not sure I understand your question about the afl and the Daytime running lights. The daytime running lights I think are standard across all models but I think the afl come with the front camera pack - maybe.

Those customers who bought other cars on the big weekend were probably cars from European factories. I think the Antara has an even longer wait.

Btw waiting impatiently is a pre-req for a future Mokka owner.

·
Registered
633 Posts
MrAt, welcome. Daytime Running lights are LEDs with Adaptive Forward Lighting, normal T20 twin filaments without.
I expect we will get into the 'make them whiter' discussion about Polarg bulbs sooner or later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

Seems the norm then for EH. 1st 2 salesmen were excellent, had the 3rd for a week and the present one keeps telling me he had no handover with no idea of the deal.

On the matter of the AFLs, which I assume is short for adaptive front lighting which according to the brochure is standard on the SE along with Bi xenon beams. The front camera system I think reads the roadsigns and perhaps is part of the collision mitigation system. The danger here is that with all technology we might one day forget how to drive properly- just like some BMW, Audi and Merc drivers. My apologies if future/ present Mokka owners also share their garage with those brands.

The daytime running lights are standard across the range but look slightly different on the SE to any of the other models hence the question if they are LEDs

When's yours arriving allegedly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts