Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My wife picked up her new baby yesterday, so I thought it was time I joined the forum for her. She has a 1.6 Exclusiv with special dealer applied paint job and tinted windows.
I have ordered her some new mats and mudflaps based on the recommendations tha I have read on here, and already saved a tidy sum, so thanks a lot everybody.

Our last 5 cars have all been Fords, and we have always used the same dealer, with never a problem and excellent service. So dealing with our local Evans Halshaw has been a bit of an eye opener. The car was delivered with the radio aerial not fitted, no manuals or warranty documentation at all, and neither a spare wheel or a tyre inflation kit. Has I been there I would not have let her accept the car like this, but she was so keen to get it home, she didn't even think to check everything was there.
Once the car was on the driveway, I then discovered the parking sensors don't work either. Thanks again to this forum, I now know what code 136 means, and used the information to give the salesman a one sided discussion over the phone.
Anyway, none of these are major issues, and all will soon be sorted I'm sure. Most importantly none of them will stop her enjoying driving her new 'exclusive' toy. All I have to do now is figure out how to get here out of the driving seat...

So thanks all for the information so far, and I'm sure I will be asking a few questions in the near future.

David

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looking good

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looking good but not so sure about the colour coded.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It is all down to personal choice.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Evans Halshaw special nonetheless ! Looked good in the showroom I must say . You obviously had a salesman that could be bothered to call you back .

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dp123 said:
Hi all,
My wife picked up her new baby yesterday, so I thought it was time I joined the forum for her. She has a 1.6 Exclusiv with special dealer applied paint job and tinted windows.
I have ordered her some new mats and mudflaps based on the recommendations tha I have read on here, and already saved a tidy sum, so thanks a lot everybody.

Our last 5 cars have all been Fords, and we have always used the same dealer, with never a problem and excellent service. So dealing with our local Evans Halshaw has been a bit of an eye opener. The car was delivered with the radio aerial not fitted, no manuals or warranty documentation at all, and neither a spare wheel or a tyre inflation kit. Has I been there I would not have let her accept the car like this, but she was so keen to get it home, she didn't even think to check everything was there.
Once the car was on the driveway, I then discovered the parking sensors don't work either. Thanks again to this forum, I now  know what code 136 means, and used the information to give the salesman a one sided discussion over the phone.
Anyway, none of these are major issues, and all will soon be sorted I'm sure. Most importantly none of them will stop her enjoying driving her new 'exclusive' toy. All I have to do now is figure out how to get here out of the driving seat...

So thanks all for the information so far, and I'm sure I will be asking a few questions in the near future.

David
Welcome along. It is mandatory for new members especially if they HAVE their Mokka to bring biscuits for those of us twiddling our thumbs in the waiting room :)

I bought my car from EH so am taking my brother with my when I finally collect as two heads are better than one and he may be able to stop me punching someone if things don't go well

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome.

I'vebeen looking at yours (Mokka
)for a while now and the more I look the more the colour coded paint job is warming on me. I like it!

Black alloys and black roof like the limited edition Corsa's would look nice

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maybe the issue with the parking sensors is that they been painted over. You cannot just paint over them as colour coded sensors need to be specially painted with the correct thickness of paint so it doesn't interfere with sensor. Otherwise it thinks something is constantly in front of it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
What he said.

In America you don't find many cars without colour coded (or chrome) bumpers, they think ours look cheap and tacky.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pot and Kettle there based on interior quality of cars produced by our trans-atlantic cousins .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Would assume that these 'specials' would be deemed to be modifications with insurers, what did they have to say?
Also regards parking sensors not working, I would assume that as modifications to the bumpers have taken place and potentially sensors sprayed that any warranty may not stand.
If I am incorrect on this assumption please advise as always good to know additional warranty ins and outs.

A truly one off Mokka none the less.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi mate. Paint job looks fantastic.

·
Registered
584 Posts
1dera,

How can the changes be modifications! I could change my mirrors, change the wheels, none of these are modifications. If i fitted a new engine with a different bhp then that would be. Lets keep matters in perspective

·
Registered
264 Posts
any thing u change from order spec is classed as a mod i would like my alloys black on my mokka but that will become a mod and i will have to inform my insurance to see how much it will cost.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jcol,

There are a few generalisations that appear common to all insurance companies.
One of these is at the point at which a vehicle is 'deemed' to have been modified & generally speaking this is when changes to the vehicles original factory configuration as occurred.

In my opinion (and only a opinion) the fact that it has had a 'custom' paint job since it left Korea would be deemed a modification and therefore a requirement that the policy holder advise the insurer of this as it is the policy holders legal obligation to inform the insurer. If a claim was made and the insures discovered what they deem to be a undisclosed modification then the policy could be null and void.

In theory changing your wheels either from steel to alloys or replacing alloys for alloys (at a higher cost) would not increase the performance of your vehicle,however, could increase the value of your vehicle along with an increased risk from the insurers perspective.

Back on topic and as mentioned in previous post a truly unique Mokka.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes a unique Mokka i think if it has any problems and they are not taking it back to the original garage then any work that is needed the lifetime warenty will be void.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Prefer the mokka as it comes, what about lower stone chips?

·
Registered
264 Posts
jcol said:
Prefer the mokka as it comes, what about lower stone chips?

+1

I would like my alloys gloss black maybe after 12 months.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts