Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

And the verdict is??????

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  DietCokeBloke 
#1 ·
After a short wait, around 6 weeks and feeling for all you guys with the longer delivery times, the Mokka arrived yesterday and the first impressions certainly didnt dissappoint, not for me or the rest of the office staff who spent most of their lunch with their faces stuck to the window admiring the bright silver beacon in the car park. Apart from viewing a courtesy car in the local showroom I had ordered without driving which is always a risk when you do 40,000 miles a year but hey a little risk now and again never hurts.
Had been a bit concerned about the brown blue interior, having only seen in the flesh a black interior but have to say it really does work and makes for a "nice" place to be seated.

380 miles under the belt yesterday and have to admit that apart from the slightly higher than expected road noise and the obvious engine note when it reminds you its a diesel at low revs the car has really out performed my expectations.

Nav 600 is a pearl of a gadget and the DAB faultless.Having not read the handbook, which I doubt that I will for about two years until a warning light comes on, still a litttle unsure how this automatic high beam thing works or whether it can be turned off but after the initial suprise that the car was doing its own thing it seems to work reasonably well. Yes have read with interest the streams of posts and still waiting to be flashed by oncoming vehicles!

As adriver that will be spend heaps of time insideit (nearly called it her!) I think the many boasts about it having 19 storage compartments is a little rich as I would have preferred maybe just 4 that were usable! Little nooks in my book do not class as storage compartments and thinking that the drinks holders would have been better dash mounted rather than be obscured by the arm rest. But if thats the only gripe then they have done well.

So ........... First day done and <STRIKE>she</STRIKE> it gets a good 9.5/10 and happy with all, great drive, comfortable, practical, but above all else recognisable!

For those who have a wait to go ..... it will be worth it.

Now off to Suffolk down the A14 before all the 13 platers get on the roads.

See less See more
#3 ·
First class post, on target for 1130am tomorrow to collect and give my Mokka the test drive of its life, iFrom the many many postings on here the consensus is very positive and that makes the delay acceptable. I also have brown and blue interior and was taken aback at first sight, I am sure it will make a welcomed change. Roll on tomorrow and stand by for some photos

#8 ·
JDautopower said:
That's just what I wanted to hear, a really good car and drive, just ordered ours last weekend, hopefully for late May early June delivery so I have been told, can't wait!
If you have ordered a factory build current delivery is being quoted as September I believe so here's hoping you ordered from stock :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.