Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking over the scrap of paper that's apparently my cover not for the 7 day free insurance. My dealer only wanted my DOB and job title so it comes as no surprise that there is incorrect info on my cover not.
Cover note states i've had a full licence for 15 years with a no claims of 9 years (does this indicate i've had an accident / claim?)

In actuality i've had a full driving licence for 3 years with a no claims of 3 years.

What with the obvious bogus info am i actually covered? Will they pay out in the event of an accident?

·
Registered
633 Posts
They may pay out to third party but as they have been misinformed about your driving history they would have every right not to pay you a penny.
Call 0844 463 2673.
They wouldn't give the 'free' insurance to my son on a brand new Astra, because it had been modified (by Vauxhall) with bodykit and 19inch alloys, straight out of the showroom!
Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rang them up and gave them the correct info, it turns out that apart from my DOB and my address absolutely nothing was correct, even down to a random email address in my name that dosen't even exist. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blum said:
They wouldn't give the 'free' insurance to my son on a brand new Astra, because it had been modified (by Vauxhall) with bodykit and 19inch alloys, straight out of the showroom!
I don't think it matters who did the mods, official or not. Its prolly because the car now looks more desirable to auto theft, due to the mods. So the premium is hiked up to represent the new risk. I think most dealer free insurance is for the standard model car, without extra mods.

·
Registered
633 Posts
http://www.insureyourvauxhall.com/PolicyDocuments/freetogo/Vauxhall-freetogo.pdf
"This contract of insurance is based on information you gave the Insurer on the Cover Note and any other information you gave to the Insurer. It is an offence under the Road Traffic Act to make a false statement or withhold any material information for the purposes of obtaining a Cover Note. Failure to disclose all material facts could render your insurance invalid and not give protection in the event of a claim. Material facts are those that the Insurer would regard as likely to influence the acceptance and assessment of this risk. If you are in any doubt about the facts considered material, you should disclose them. The Insurer or we will be happy to give you advice if you wish."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts