Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows how to deactivate the alarm for a ferry?

With a previous car I took a ferry and couldn't lock it because the alarm was automatically activated. Several items were stolen from my car on the overnight crossing. I don't want this to happen again.

The manual isn't helpful. Any ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
In my present car, locking with the remote sets the alarm. Directly locking it with the key in the door does lock but not set the alarm. Maybe give that a try.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took mine on the ferry from Portsmouth to Fishboure on the Isle of Wight a couple of weeks back. Asked Dealer if the alarm would trip due to boat's motion but they said not. I don't think it did trip ...the Golf parked behind me was blaring away when I returned to my car which was just sitting quietly so I guess all was well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My alarm did go off on the ferry to the isle of wight last year. I switched it off for the return sailing.
There is a push button near the interior light to disable the interior space sensor on the New Astra. Still waiting for my Mokka but expect it is the same

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
pm2a said:
My alarm did go off on the ferry to the isle of wight last year. I switched it off for the return sailing.
There is a push button near the interior light to disable the interior space sensor on the New Astra. Still waiting for my Mokka but expect it is the same
No switch/button next to the interior light on mine. Asked about switching off the alarm for when we have dogs in the car. The sales lady said that they thought here would be a switch next to the lights whic there wasn't. Looked around and then nought that it could be on the fob. I am not sure on this as the manual isn't clear but I think that after you have dead locked the car then you press again to switch off the alarm. As I say I am not sure on that so if anyone does know the correct answer it would be gratefully received. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

On mine pressing the lock button twice within 15seconds activates the alarm. Pressing it once it locks the car. There are no interior sensors and no switches...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts