Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to de-activat the the alarm in the cabin area, for when I leave the dogs in the car ...

My old Frontera had a button on the dash, can't see any button or any mention of it in the mokka user guide....

Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
In my Astra there is a button in the roof to turn off the ultrasonics. Thought the Mokka would be the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Mac said:
In my Astra there is a button in the roof to turn off the ultrasonics. Thought the Mokka would be the same
Thanks for the reply .... Thats what I was hoping for, but I have Google'd and gone through the owners manual and, so far, found no reference to being able to turn off the cabin ultrasonics.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i think one press of the remote just locks the doors and two presses then activates the alarm though i may be wrong

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah the best the manual seem to have is delay activation of the system bythirty seconds. Interestingly thebit about the alarm status LED seems to suggest if you leave the window slightly open the alarm wont be activated.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have just read the relevant manual section . If I am reading this correctly , then , if you manually lock the door with the key , it may well not activate the alarm . Locking with a single plip locks the door and then the alarm activates thirty seconds later . Locking with a double plip locks the door and simultaneously activates the alarm .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I left the dog in the car yesterday (yes, i know i'm bad !!) and had the same problem. I ended up locking the car by pressing the key once and the dog didn't set off the alarm. I didn't try the 2 clicks as the 1 seemed to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've sat inside my car and locked it with both a single and double press of the key and then jumped around like a crazy guy for a few minutes and have never managed to set the alarm off.

Are you sure it has internal sensors?

I have a UK 1.7CDTI Exclusiv 2wd

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Malpas said:
I left the dog in the car yesterday (yes, i know i'm bad !!) and had the same problem. I ended up locking the car by pressing the key once and the dog didn't set off the alarm. I didn't try the 2 clicks as the 1 seemed to work.
jimbojack said:
I've sat inside my car and locked it with both a single and double press of the key and then jumped around like a crazy guy for a few minutes and have never managed to set the alarm off.

Thanks these two replys sound very promising ... If I forget to press the alarm button in my golf it goes off as soon as they move, so maybe the mokka doesn't have internal sensors... Here's hoping
Edited by: Miss Mokka

·
Registered
767 Posts
jimbojack said:

That's because you don't have a cold wet nose.

Ex pack leader.

[tube]http://youtu.be/whW1oQ7RXFk[/tube]

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flat Eric said:
jimbojack said:

That's because you don't have a cold wet nose.

I knew I must be doing something wrong

·
Registered
572 Posts
Depending on the size of the dog you could always put them in a pet carrier. My westie travels on the back seat in a carrier that is seat belted in. I have never used the button in my Astra and have never had the alarm go off with him in his carrier ... Most probably because he goes to sleep lol.

I would never leave him in the car on a warm day (not that we get many of those!!!) or if I did the window would be open and therefore the alarm not on and the car wouldn't be out of sight.

Have you thought of asking the Service Team at your dealer???

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Had a skoda octavia estate. There was a button on the central pillar to switch sensors off. I always had the dogs in a crate in the rear of the car. If I didn't switch it off then the alarm went off when the dogs moved about.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mokkadna said:
Had a skoda octavia estate. There was a button on the central pillar to switch sensors off. I always had the dogs in a crate in the rear of the car. If I didn't switch it off then the alarm went off when the dogs moved about.
Clearly an issue of size then!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
AlyG said:
Mokkadna said:
Clearly an issue of size then!!!!!!!!
Not sure about that. We have two border terriers, so definitely not big dogs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts