Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just come back from having our 2015 Mokka 1.6CDTi checked out, at tick over the air conditioning clutch on the compressor can be heard engaging and then disengaging about once every 30 seconds. now they (main dealers) have checked it out, and say the refrigerant level is ok and that it is normal for the compressor to behave in this way. It is building pressure and releasing as they say it should. I remain unconvinced, on all cars i have owned with air con including an Insignia with the same engine, you switch it on, the compressor engages until such time as you switch it off.
Is there anybody out there with the same model that can double check for me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just come back from having our 2015 Mokka 1.6CDTi checked out, at tick over the air conditioning clutch on the compressor can be heard engaging and then disengaging about once every 30 seconds. now they (main dealers) have checked it out, and say the refrigerant level is ok and that it is normal for the compressor to behave in this way. It is building pressure and releasing as they say it should. I remain unconvinced, on all cars i have owned with air con including an Insignia with the same engine, you switch it on, the compressor engages until such time as you switch it off.
Is there anybody out there with the same model that can double check for me?
I bought a 2015 1.4T two months ago and it makes the same noise you are describing. I took it back to garage who said it was normal so I then called a local Vauxhall dealer who told me it wasn't normal! I sent it back to the garage who again have informed me this is normal. Not quite sure who to believe now!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have had a 2014 Mokka 1.4T auto and a 2018 1.4T auto. Both car's air conditioning units behave like you describe. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Efficient compressors, so once pressure has been reached the compressor shuts down so should be reducing fuel costs, having it not run 100% of the time will save the planet. Apparently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts