Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

If you now own your Mokka are you affected by the known AFl Issues?

• Yes I was but they are now fixed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and they aren't fixed despite car going in to the dealer

• No I've never had any issues and have driven at night

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all please vote in the above poll to see how big the problem is within the forum ... Assuming I've successfully managed to set the poll up correctly ...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think we could have a disagreement over the question like the Scotish independence one but we have no electoral commission to help us. I think you've done a good job there though.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Let's see what this throws up and go from there ..

No votes yet. The problem is clearly solved yayyyy

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
600 Posts
Still believe a status list will be better , but well done nonetheless .

·
Registered
506 Posts
As has already been said - difficult to get the question right. There are too many types of people, perhaps even on this forum who are not recognising they have a problem. You will have day time drivers only - Those who just think the lights are very bright - those who have an error message and think that if that's fixed all is OK when it probably isn't - those who think lowering the lights is the final solution, because some dealers have been saying that! - finally the ones on this thread and other similar ones who really want Vauxhall to get of their behinds and fix the problem or at least tell us why it is taking so long!

Probably most relevant is the large proportion of Mokka owners, present and future who don't know about this forum and therefore have yet to be enlightened

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can I ask what exactly the problem is?
In all the posts i've seen people talk about more than one problem - have Vauxhall actually stated what the problem is?

I had poorly aligned lights that were promptly dealt with and i also have AFL lights that 'bounce' a lot - do I have the problem?

·
Registered
600 Posts
The bouncing appears to be the issue , though having read around lighting issues in general , and correct me if I am wrong , lights such as this , and HID lights require self leveling mechanisms . When a vehicle hits a sudden surface discrepancy , I would suspect that that the auto leveling may appear out of sync , giving rise to the appearance of flashing to oncoming traffic . Add to that any poor set up , or less than accurate factory settings , then , this will be amplified further . The premise is , that because of the UK specific ride set up , due to the nature of our roads , that the AFL lights have not been calibrated to allow for this . On the forum , attempts are being made to establish the extent and nature of the issue .

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
TFDThere have been a few members of the forum that were quite active in the early days of the AFL issues and had numerous visits to their dealers before a hardware fix cured their problems. They were complaining about the bouncing headlight issues as well but after the hardware fix they confirmed that this issue had been rectified.
I believe there's two maybe three (or even four) issues at play here one of which being the bouncing headlights and it is this issue when it appears on its own has yet to be rectified.

·
Registered
506 Posts
DCB - Quite prepared to believe there are several problems, which just seems to muddy the waters even more! Hardware error, change headlight unit, bouncing stops, Mmmmmm why, how? (rhetorical question
). I just wish Vauxhall would be honest and say why the delay - the imminent or couple of weeks while we test the software fix must be at least 2 or 3 months old now. I really do think it comes down to the cost of the fix that Vauxhall are frightened of. They'll change their atT*Tude soon enough if there's a serious accident - they've been warned enough

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well i feel like i can nowtrulycomment on Afls.

Having driven round cornwall last week on a night time nearly every night. I did not have one problem and when following people they were great also. The aim were just bellow the rear windows on most cars and as the gap increased and the speed increased they were arround number plate height on most cars.

If you have ever drivenaroundcornwall then you will know what i mean by its got some of the narrow roads that you have driven aroundthere. On a night time the AFL really came into there own they were so responsive and so smooth.

The onlyproblemi had was the high beam assist. but i soon turned that feature off.

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts