Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot off the Press - Update from Justin:

We are now close to a resolution with regard to our proposed permanent solution and we expect to be able to make an announcement regarding this within the next 14 days. Please note this time frame is provided for indication purposes only. It is extremely important that the software update is fully validated and robust and we are, therefore, ensuring that testing is fully completed to enable us to provide a firm and robust solution.

Please be assured that the issue you have described below is well understood by Vauxhall and our intention is to resolve this by means of a software calibration update once validation is complete.

We will continue to follow our usual and very sound process of contacting all affected customers as soon as we have any further news.

I do hope this provides the reassurance you are seeking but please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions at this time.

Kind regards

Justin Woodcraft

Justin Woodcraft
Executive Support Manager
General Motors UK & Ireland
Tel +44 (0)844 3690116
Fax +44 (0)1582 426609
Mail UK1-102-280
[email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/VauxhallCustSvc<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the update. Solution should be out by the time I get my Mokka hopefully

·
Registered
506 Posts
Some positive news at last. I assume that when Justin refers to the "issue" being fully understood by Vauxhall that this encompasses both alignment and the dreaded bouncing?

Edited by: theforestdweller

·
Registered
374 Posts
Solution must be to slow the rising of the beam down, It surely should dip fast to avoid blinding others and rise slowly?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the issue is the alignment and the bouncing.. I've had my car adjusted twice now..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Some news at last. Will be nice to know when this is out to dealers to sort so I can ring then and get it booked in. Had someone flash me on the way home and I have had them lowered already... Thanks for drilling them about this issue

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think this Justin needs a medal for being proactive in his email responses. It's a credit to him that even when he must be sick of the barrage of emails he continues to provide information

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well done everyone for doggedly pursuing this - the end is in sight so we'll keep on pushing until everyone's sorted.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The good thing is the forum provides opportunity for members to share their thoughts and experiences for all to see, where members can highlight problems/issues with their motors and, hopfeully resolving them with their dealer/vauxhall. Well done that man for his dogged detetmination to eventually finding a resolution we can all benefit from

·
Registered
264 Posts
As i said in my first post reading afl problems that it would be a sofware problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fix coming in two weeks. its being flagged on their computer system under CHANNEL 21.
So if you enquire and dealer plays stupid, get him to check under this.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This was my reply from Justin

Thank you for your email dated 7 March 2013.

I am sorry for any concern you have been caused by reports of problems with the AFL lighting system on the new Mokka.

Please be assured this matter is under investigation, and we are confident we will have a permanent resolution shortly. However
in the meantime, your Vauxhall Dealership will check your vehicle prior to delivery and carry out an interim adjustment, as necessary,
to avoid disturbance for other road users.

We hope to be able to make an announcement regarding this permanent fix within the next 14 days, although this is only an indication. It is extremely important that the software update is fully validated and robust, and, therefore, we are ensuring all the testing is fully completed to enable us to provide a firm and robust solution. Please be assured this issue is well understood by Vauxhall and our intention is to cure this via a software calibration update once validation is complete.

I do hope this provides you with the reassurance you are seeking, but please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions at this time.

Yours sincerely

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It kind of has to be the same response - if he was telling you all different stuff I'd be getting worried. Let's see what happens after the testing period.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think Justin is going as far as he can answering our E-Mails. While perhaps not addressing every single point asked by us, and we all have made different points to him, we are now getting unambiguous answers to the main problem. Basically we now know that Vauxhall recognise the problem, that adjusting the lights downwards is just a temporary fix (despite some dealers saying otherwise) and that a permanent (software) fix is imminent.

I don't have my vehicle yet, and at one stage nearly cancelled my order. However, I'm now happier that all will be well shortly

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had the same reply from Duncans office so now just need to wait and see.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Same here TFD. I nearly cancelled too but I'm relieved they're on the case & just hope they get the permanent fix.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.