Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi
Pick car up tomorrow so rang VCS today as I wanted
to point out that vauxhall have basically admitted there is a fault
With lights so will mine be fixed during PDI.
Response was we are not aware of a problem.
Told them I have an email stating there is and one member on
here has been given info that cars built before 16/10/12 are affected
so how can there be no problem.
Apparently someone is ringing me today from higher up but I won't
hold my breath.
My mokka had a build slot of 10/10 so not sure when it was built.
If mokka's after that are ok then surely there is a fix available.
Ill be prepared to drive round roundabout and pull back into dealer and give
keys back if I get flashed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just been informed by my dealer that there was a sticker covering the camera under the rear view mirror. This they believe is the cause of the AFL not working. The sticker should have been removed during the valet. It dues make sense that the obstruction would stop the lights working properly. But I won't be convinced until they're tested in the dark.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Our car was built mid October & so far no apparent AFL problems !!! Either never had them or sorted before it left the factory as our dealer didnt have to do anything to them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Originally By email yes. By phone no.
Then received another email saying
"Your vehicle has been inspected by the service department and there are no trouble codes FOR ANY ISSUE with the AFL. The sales department has also confirmed that your vehicle was outside of the range of VIN numbers supplied by vauxhall. Thank you for your patience

Make of that what you will

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great news!! The AFL on my new Mokka works perfectly now! On collecting my car this evening I was informed that the Valet sticker had been placed on the inside of the windscreen, directly in front of the camera. It was obscured by the rear view mirror, so we didn't see it. So information going to the computer was... It's pitch black outside = High beam.
Oh it was heaven driving home and no one flash me. I'm am now seriously happy with my car, it is a dream to drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Beanie...Lucky you, I found that stick on the 1st night i went out for a drive, lights didn't dip when there was on coming traffic. Removing sorted that but I've still got the Service AFL issue.
Local dealer don't know how to sort and VCS don't seem much help eaither

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sure will, just need to leave work at a reasonable time to get some daylight... go to work in the dark and then home in the dark! But I do like the baseboard lights, seen plenty of them since collecting.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Saw one today with Xenons and AFL, and they look cool! Can't wait to get mine, only 4 monhths to go... Edited by: psp888

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the info, no need to buy LED replacements. Definately need to replace the front indicator bulbs with silver ones though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts