Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had an official response from Vauxhall and the good news is they have developed a fix.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">All Vauxhall dealers have this morning been sent a Technical Service Update.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The investigation concerning headlamps flickering on Mokka equipped with the AFL option has been concluded, the following actions have been agreed and put in place, all Vauxhall retailers have been advised and are now in a position to rectify the concern.

A revised AFL control unit software calibration file has been developed; this will be uploaded to all affected vehicles along with a check and reset of the headlamp aim.

The Service Bulletin is 13-P-019 Mokka ""“ AFL Headlamp Aiming

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the update Dan, The intresting thing will be seeing how long it takes the dealerships to contact the affected people.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks Dan, Im going to stick it on my list for new car pick up.

Is it worth having it as a sticky in a Recall section for this and such important updates?

Lee

·
Registered
506 Posts
Maybe just a question of semantics but the expression "headlamps flickering" does not really describe the bouncing searchlight effect that many of us have encountered - guess we'll have to wait for first adopters to report back.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have booked it in for the "real fix" not till next week tho. Will update what they do and how I find it after. Thanks for the persistent pushing of this problem buy the guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Afternoon all,

I have been to vauxhall this lunchtime for a unrelated issue and they have advised me that my Mokka is due a AFL fix today, and are fixing it this afternoon.

my car as i was aware, wasnt affected by the afl, so it never been logged with them. but they have stated today they are applying a new fix.

I did ask when was the fix released and he said this week.

ill let you know if its better later tonight

·
Registered
713 Posts
Just as the problem appeared in autoexpress in today's issue

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks for that Dan.
Been to see my dealer as I pick up my car tomorrow. I was told that it was ready however apart from the rear mudflaps which were on back order, however the paint protection has not yet been done as the protective plastic was still in place. Spoke to the service manager who wasn't aware of the Afl software fix. He did a search on the computer and he agreed that your information was correct and that I should get the sales guy to take the keys across to him in order that they could upload the software update from the Internet and apply it to my car this afternoon. The only problem with that was that they couldn't find the keys to my car. Just hoping that they have now found the keys so the Afl software update/fix can be applied before I collect. I will be ringing them first thing tomorrow when my saleslady is back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I received this from my dealer this morning after sending him a copy of the article in Auto Express.
<div style="">Priority: High / Urgent

<div style="">

<div style="">Action Required: Circulate information to all staff and repair affected vehicles

<div style="">

<div style="">

<div style="text-align:center;" align="center">
Service Update : 13-P-019 Mokka - AFL Headlamp Aiming

<div style="">

<div style="">Constant quality controls revealed that a certain
number
of Right Hand Drive Mokka Model Year 2013 with Active Forward Lighting
(AFL) Headlamps (RPO code T95) could have flickering headlamps that
might distract oncoming and drive-ahead traffic.

<div style="">

<div style="">We advise Vauxhall Authorised Repairers to adjust the headlamps and program the AFL Electronic Control Unit
with latest software available on TIS 2 Web on all affected vehicles listed in the VIN information file.

<div style="">

<div style="">The Global Warranty System will include all affected vehicles from the 24 <sup>th</sup>
of April 2013 .

<div style="">

<div style=""> Check
all vehicles when performing the Pre Delivery Inspection and when in
for routine servicing and warranty work. Please do not hand vehicles
over which have not been reworked .

<div style="">

·
Registered
506 Posts
How many threads in the same subject do we need! Perhaps Mods would like to merge with the original.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I took my car out tonight again with me following a friend and then swapping cars. I'm pleased to say no bouncing at all. What I'm not pleased about is the fact that the fix has come at the expense of the effectiveness of the lights in terms of there range. Basically I've paid for xenon lights which are not much better than standard halogen lights. It's not the outcome I wanted but given the length of time it took to fix I'm not surprised. IF you have driven your mokka before the fix and before they were temporarily lowered, then you'll notice the difference. If you were one of the lucky ones who said they had no problem then avoid the fix like the plague. Youll surely be disappointed.

I'm willing to take this matter up further if enough people agree that there AFL lights are not as they are advertised.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sorry to hear that the fix is not all it should be for you wingy.

I am on the fence at the moment as I have only had the PDI tweak doneso far. My lights on dipare high on the passenger side so they are well up high onroad signs but quite low on the drivers side so not too bad for oncoming cars. They seem a bit jerky/juddery when I manually flick between high & low & the sharpness of the cut off between in & out of the beam seems to exaggerate the effect ofmovement of the suspension.
I'm in two minds whether to let them at my USB port when it goes in for the rear mudflaps sometime this year.

·
Registered
421 Posts
wingy999 said:
Well I took my car out tonight again with me following a friend and then swapping cars. I'm pleased to say no bouncing at all. What I'm not pleased about is the fact that the fix has come at the expense of the effectiveness of the lights in terms of there range. Basically I've paid for xenon lights which are not much better than standard halogen lights. It's not the outcome I wanted but given the length of time it took to fix I'm not surprised. IF you have driven your mokka before the fix and before they were temporarily lowered, then you'll notice the difference. If you were one of the lucky ones who said they had no problem then avoid the fix like the plague. Youll surely be disappointed.

I'm willing to take this matter up further if enough people agree that there AFL lights are not as they are advertised.
Unfortunately, the cheap (software lowering/crippling) option was always favourite, as it's the low cost option, rather than an actual fix.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sorry to hear that wingy. I love the xenon on my work Astra because of the way it just lights up such a good distance clearly. I was going to email the business dealer to see if it had the fix applied before its delivered this week but now I'm not too sure.

Those who want to avoid the fix might find it difficult, I'm sure the next time they put it in at a dealers they'll have the fix applied automatically as it will be tracked.

Oh and swapping keys with a friend? Was there a bowl involved?

What's up with your USB FE?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Spireite said:
Unfortunately, the cheap (software lowering/crippling) option was always favourite, as it's the low cost option, rather than an actual fix.
It is disappointing, especially if you had the problem and you end up down the line having the headlights and control board replaced with the 'fix' applied you still might have better units but won't get the best out of them.

Don't think it's time to start patting Justin on the back yet.

·
Registered
572 Posts
If its only certain ones that were affected then surely they won't be applying the fix to every car althou that said my dealer seems to be planning on applying it to my car at PDI.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well like I said if there are enough genuinely unhappy people who think they've paid money for nothing then I'm willing to email Justin and other bodies to get something sorted. The AFL are not as advertised. Flick through the literature ,watch the videos and read up on the award winning lights. There not what I've got on my car.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I guess it's early days at the moment with people still going in to get the fix and then finding some dark to test it but you might want to start drafting an email to them.

I just wish we could get you into a Mokka SE that hasn't had the problem or the fix for a proper comparison. Any Mokka owners out there live near wingy (which is?) and could help out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The garage I had mine done, showed me the bulletin on the screen, and it was stated compulsory for all mokkas with afl ,as I previously logged, I wasn't aware of the bobbing existed on mine, and it was forced up me to have done. I went in with a un related issue.

I absolutely agree the have restricted the field of light from these lights.

Surely if the bobbing. Has gone they can be adjusted back up Edited by: Mokkita

1 - 20 of 108 Posts