Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

AFL broken

11K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Lee.dan1989 
#1 ·
Anyone any ideas re an issue with my AFL. If you look at the main bulb there is a ring that sits round the outside of the bulb. This has come lose and has now fallen forward over the bulb. The light still comes on but not sure if the light movement will work or if it may overheat etc. Is this a headlight fix or replacement? If replacement any ideas if Vauxhall has stock of these or am I looking at a long wait?

Thanks

#6 ·
Thurlow Nunn have said will need replacing and won't be able to get one until next week. Been waiting most of the day for a call back to book in. Despite numerous phone calls, still no one has called back. Shocking after sales, would certainly put me off buying from them in the future. You only see how good a company is when you have a problem

#9 ·
Re: Thurlow Nunn in Luton and the comment "Shocking after sales, would certainly put me off buying from them in the
future. You only see how good a company is when you have a problem".
Based on my personal experiance I think the people in the Workshop (Dallow Road) are actually very good. Where I think they have an issue is that you contact them through some sort of Call Centre in Norwich. They seem to be short staffed and when you finally do get through their training seems woefully short. I think when Thurlow Nunn took over Motorbodies the Thurlow Nunn Accountants started calling the shots. And as we all know, most Accountants know the cost of everything and the value of nothing........................

#10 ·
Our offside headlight has just done exactly the same thing.

I have been quoted £470 by main dealer for replacement and fitting
They said it is not covered by the Lifetime Warranty. I have raised it as an issue with Vauxhall Customer Services as I feel this should be covered by the Lifetime Warranty as it is a completely sealed unit, inaccessible to users and therefore must have been defective and now failed. Am really not happy about it at all. If the other side goes too that will be nearly £1000 because a plastic ring has fallen off inside. Surely these units are tested under vibration conditions. Ours is 62 plate but 2013 registered and only done 14,100 miles from new.

What was the outcome with everyone elses - did anyone else get it replaced under Lifetime Warranty, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Edited by: RandomWay

#11 ·
Definitely covered by the lifetime warranty. It's a sealed unit so if breaks then it has to be a fault in how it's been made. To be fair to Thurlow Nunn Luton by the time they saw the headlight they didn't quibble, agreed it was under warranty and replaced within the week. I found Twitter useful as you can speak to the dealer whilst copying Vauxhall Customer services at the same time. Don't give in and pay, it's definitely a warranty thing

#12 ·
Thanks Chopper. Perrys and Vauxhall Customer Services have both told me it isnt covered by the Lifetime Warranty as it isnt on the list. Was yours Lifetime Warranty or Manufacturers Warranty? I didn't see how that could be right either as a chargeable item. Thanks again. See what happens Tuesday when it goes in to have the sticky brakes looked at!

Edited by: RandomWay

#16 ·
My dealership tried to tell me that too and that it quoted something ridiculous like £460 to replace so I went direct to Vauxhall Customer services. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing it was agreed that as it is a sealed unit and had fallen apart within that unit it would be covered by the lifetime warranty and it was replaced free of charge. Perry's Broadstairs replaced mine in either April or May this year. We have 62 plate 1.7 cdi SE and had only done about 16,000 miles. Stick to your guns and insist it is done under warranty. Good luck Edited by: RandomWay

#20 ·
just wondered if there was a date code on the lens - as its an electrical item, and we are still in the EU then it should be covered by a minimum 2 years warranty, and isn't it 6 years in the UK under the sale of goods act ? - you should at least get a repair especially as its a sealed unit that you cannot open or repair - would argue it with Vauxhall and see what they say when you mention the sale of goods act

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.