Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just came across this site and was hoping I might be able to get some advice from people who are a bit more experienced in Vauxhall Mokkas.

I am seriously considering purchasing one as a vehicle I can use for my commute to and from work (around 50 miles in total daily), and as a family car as we are expecting a baby in May.

I had test a test drive in one last weekend, however the dealer then revealed there had been problems with the turbo, which they had rectified by replacing the seals. That sent off alarm bells so I didn't purchase that one. I checked online and had read similar problems. Is this a common characteristic? I was hoping that it would be a reliable car....public transport to and from my work is awful if it were to experience problems.

The size of the car is perfect, plenty of room inside for me at 6ft 3". Just looking a bit of reassurance that one of these vehicles would be suitable for my needs.

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks,

Wayne

·
Registered
688 Posts
There are a few problems with some Mokka's but Not all, i had two and had no problems, both
1.4 turbo's which i think, as a lot do is the better choice, again some with the 1.6 cdti have
had no problems and some have, do a search through the threads, if your tall and want to
put the back seats down, which you have to lift the rear bases up , to do that you have to
remove the head rests and push the front seat forward, then you will have no room to drive
it, as i found out the first time i did it, I changed from a Mokka X to a Crossland X which
has more room, I am 6'-4", i am more comfy in the Crossland ,just my opinion , i'm sure someone will be along to give you their opinion

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
We have had two and never a problem. Use the "Search Community" and have a read, most people are quick to report their troubles/faults but rarely the good points.
As I have said in the past, a car is a mechanical/electrical movable object, and there are plenty of other things that could go wrong but hopefully don't.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 4.5 year old 1.6 CDTi Had no issues with turbo whatsoever you should also not have any issues with the DPF with your daily mileage. Just hope I haven't put the mockers on it haha

·
Registered
351 Posts
im on my 3rd mokka, 1st was a 1.4t and 2nd and 3rd were 1.6d's
no problems on any of them, current mokka is on33000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts