Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You might have noticed mid post adverts - it's anexperimentat the moment. Essentially I don't wish to charge a membership fee and neither do I wish to have adverts all over the place getting in the way. I'm hoping this is a simple, none intrusive way of covering the hosting costs. The forum offers another place to have them - just below the top menu bar above.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Feedback is welcomed though.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Cheers
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Dan

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Dan - I appreciate the need to make some ££s to pay for everything. If it helps to know, I would be willing to pay a subscription to the forum. but if there have to be ads I'd prefer them at the top & not mid-thread.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd pay to. Maybe a member pack 12 months subscription with club discounts available to paid members with locked sub forum for paid members. Throw in club stickers and tax disc holders as part of the membership pack.

The Adverts do not bother me in any way.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
584 Posts
Haven't got an issue with the adverts, it's your site and you pay for the hosting

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't seen any adverts as I view forum on my phone or iPad so no problem for me
Edited by: Louar

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm on my ipad and see the adverts also when I'm on my phone. There's an advert in between Dans first post and Chokkamokkas second post

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harper31 said:
I'm on my ipad and see the adverts also when I'm on my phone. There's an advert in between Dans first post and Chokkamokkas second post

it depends if you're in 'mobile' view or not. Mobile view does not show ad's for space / speed.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Harper31 said:
I am viewing on an ipad and cannot see the adverts but am in mobile view as I prefer the look. If I switch to classic view then I see the adverts.
I would prefer no adverts but you don't have to read/view them.
I would also be willing to pay a subscription to avoid adverts altogether. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
58 Posts
I view the forum online and the adverts must be blocked by my browser as it only appears as Sponsored Links and there are no adverts, so that is fine my me

·
Registered
344 Posts
Harper31 said:
I'd pay to. Maybe a member pack 12 months subscription with club discounts available to paid members with locked sub forum for paid members. Throw in club stickers and tax disc holders as part of the membership pack.

The Adverts do not bother me in any way.

Cheers

Tim

Exactly what I said in the other post

Quite frankly id rather pay say £10 a year for Club Membership and be add free.
We had a protected sub forum for Club members who, amongst other things had access to discounts, got a sticker and anything else I blagged for free.
We also had a sub forum for Advertisers too, who paid for the space.
Just a thought

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No problem with the ads, membership adds complexity in having to collect and authorise members.

IE10 seems to have issues with the forum - I have to put it into compatibility mode to get the rich text editor to work.

·
Registered
344 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
No problem with the ads, membership adds complexity in having to collect and authorise members.

IE10 seems to have issues with the forum - I have to put it into compatibility mode to get the rich text editor to work.
Not really..
If it's done through PayPal, you can even set it to automatically re-new subscriptions, and is easy for "Club Members" to cancel accordingly.
It's all done automatically DCB via Admin Panel

Club members will have something alongside their name, say VCM, to show their support towards the club.
It really is no hassle

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't like ads- especially Adsense ones as they use JavaScript I believe that can give you nasty viruses!!! The groups behind the police virus used google Adsense to disseminate the virus.

Why not display ads only for unregistered users?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dan you do. - look at www.avforums.com they had a spate of police viruses a couple of months ago which we're coming from google Adsense

In fact I was in the Netherlands a few weeks ago and got hit with the JavaScript virus from google adsense

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't mind the adverts. I think if there was a charge to become a member then a lot of people wont bother joining to be honest..

Maybe we should set up a poll for each member to say yes or no to payment, the no payment means there will be ads.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree with amokka, membership fees could put people off and stop some vital or just entertaining contributions.

As longs as the ads don't take over, I think is the best way to keep the forum going.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Why not provide a facility whereby users can make a voluntary contribution if they wish, same as spy bot on the web, any comments?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I find it hard to believe people would quibble over £10! It's one less packet of fags or 2 pints!
And helloooooo! im making suggestions here!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts