Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that's it then guys and gals, I've just got off the phone with the Vauxhall dealer who has informed me that my delivery date is 21st April. WoW!!! That's a way off, I said. He thinks its the FlexFit bike rack that's the cause of it, I think it's just the shear volume of orders and they can't handle them, that's why they also want a plant in Europe. I'm gonna ride of into the sunset in my little Clio and return in the new year. Until then, thanks for memories.

·
Registered
572 Posts
You ordered it in mid November and they are saying APRIL???? Are you not going to go ahead then? I ordered mine on Friday with the bike rack and the guy said he was hopeful I'd have it in February.....
6 months is appalling......

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also told 3 weeks ago that he was hopeful on a February delivery.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It amazes me that even though Vauxhall said this car was going to be one of their highest (I'm sure I read somewhere they were expecting it to go second place) sellers that they are being surprised at the amount they are selling and have got production in Korea which can't supply Antaras consistently.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In a warped and twisted way, I'm ok with it as I wasn't going to order a new car until January so at least it's ordered and I have a rough idea when the car will arrive. However, I feel a bit annoyed that I was told February when I ordered and after that it was Feb/March followed by late April. They knew at the time of ordering that my MOT on the part-ex is up in Mid-March 13 so now I have a potential outlay for this.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Atleast my dealer originally said late march early april, on tracker its looking like april, dont understand why cars ordered at same time would be later, they all go down same line with different bits on! Seems bonkers to be unable to build if as you suspect one with flexfit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a bit strange to say the least

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was already starting to worry about my delivery date. NOW I amworried about mine, as I still havent even got a build confirmation date and was ordered on the 17th of NOV, and confirmed on the 19th that the order had been placed.
My tax runs out on the 31st of March but I had hoped to Have the Mokka well before that. Fortunately my MOT is september.

Be sad to see you leaving us Bandage Boy

·
Registered
339 Posts
I ordered my Mokka on 20th Sept and have been waiting patiently ever since. My Mokka is currently on stage two with a delivery date of 11th Jan; hopefully there will be no further delays as the mot runs out on my Zafira mid Jan.....its gonna be a close call

Vauxhall Mokka 1.7CDTi 4x4 S/S Exclusive Misty Lake - 11/01/2013.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
To jump on the band wagon, my lease runs out at the end of Jan and if my order goes over 6 months I think it could be cancelled by the leasing company. I still don't have an estimate or factory order number.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just been in to the dealers and he check my order which gives a delivery date of 30/3/13 which is 30 days later than his estimate but said it would most likely come forward as most do by a couple of weeks.

With the tracker site he says that it wouldnt show the build date checked off until it hit their process of 33 at the momentI am on 25. At 48 it means that the car is on a transporter on its way here from the UKdocks.

still some hope that it arrives sooner than 31/3/12 as dont want to fork out £85 for 6 months of tax on my panda for it to arrive on the 1st of april that would be foolish!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks Squinny
Just annoying having sort out a new disc just to claim for a refund.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to the dealers on Monday to ask where I stand regarding them agreeing to part-ex my car with an MOT that runs out in March. Bear in mind that they said February delivery and I was told this week it's looking like 21 April. I would willingly let them have it now if they could offer me a short term lease on any car at a realistic deal under the circumstances.
Watch this space as I will post the result of the encounter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ask for a courtesy car freefrom them as its not your fault that they have changed the dates by such a big margin. If they have a few stickers over the doors it free advertising for the dealer by having you drive it around
might even be worth looking ay some of the of the private short term lease/hire cars you may end up with a mokka which you would soon learn all the controls ready for your new baby.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In a perfect world that is what I would like to happen but I somehow don't see this scenario panning out like you say. I'm not even on the tracker website yet and it's 4 weeks tomorrow since I paid my deposit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
have a quick glance over my post about 7 places up this thread Bandage Boy it may make some sense to you. why nothings showing for either of us on the tracker

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Hads, you mean the Step 25 part? The dealer said mine was at 25 and that's why I couldn't see it!!!! What's the point of a tracker that I can't see and the dealer can??

·
Registered
197 Posts
yep the step 25 part.
That was my thought exactly well at least we know our Mokka's should be on the same boat.
so for anyone ordering on the discount weekend, youshould have similar date to ours even if your tracker has not upgraded.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts